Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McNabb still all class-- Cataldi still all Ass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb still all class-- Cataldi still all Ass.

It's sorta self explanatory--- but still funny as hell. They had to think about it..........in the mean time,,,,,,,,,,
    ///////////////////////////////////

From McNabb, no hard feelingsBy Michael Klein
    Inquirer Columnist

Angelo Cataldi, meet Emily Post.

Cataldi, the WIP (610) morning host who led the boos against Donovan McNabb when the Eagles drafted him in 1999, showed up for dinner at the Water Works restaurant off Kelly Drive two weeks ago with his wife, Gail; the show's Rhea Hughes, and Hughes' husband, Joseph.

In came McNabb and his family, passing Cataldi and Hughes on their way to another dining room.

Cataldi says he and tablemates debated sending over a round of drinks - when owner Michael Karloutsos told him, "Mr. McNabb wants to buy you a round."

"Oh, did we look like idiots," Cataldi says, adding that debate then ensued over how to thank him.

Cataldi went over to McNabb's table. "He was very much a gentleman," says Cataldi, "and I was Barney Fife, stammering and getting tongue-tied."

Hughes asked management what the McNabbs were drinking. It was a "nice champagne," says Cataldi - $210 a bottle. "Rhea pays for the whole thing herself, but even that's not enough. She wrote them a note: 'Thanks for keeping us employed.' "

Cataldi says he was later told that McNabb asked: "What does that mean?"

"We couldn't have screwed this up any more than we did," says Cataldi. "I felt like the biggest social moron that ever walked the earth."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/20 ... lings.html

Saw that, pretty funny stuff right there.

Kill em with kindness, Donnie!! LOL!
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Burn!

love the thread title btw
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Nice job, Donnie!
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

That's pretty funny. Maybe Donnie doesn't even know the crap that Cataldi pulls. I'm sure that he never listens to WIP. I'll bet that his answer was legit.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Like Angelo or not, he must be doing something right. He's been hosting a highly rated Morning Show in a major market for 17 or 18 years!

If everyone liked him, he wouldn't have a job.

I'm sure he doesn't mind. He's laughing all the way to the bank with his 7-figure salary...

Comment

And Kyle strikes again........defender ot the media, proponent of reporters, and friend to journalistic weasels everywhere!! LOL!
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Saddam Hussein was capable of controlling a country of several ethnic and religious groups. He must have been doing something right, whether we liked him or not, because during his tenure, there was no civil war, there were no killed civilians, and no roadside bombs. He must have been doing something right...Besides, if everyone liked him, he wouldn't be controlling the country.

He was running a country pretty efficiently for 20+ years.

But I am sure he didn't mind, as he was laughing all the way to his palace with his money, women and power.

Sorry, but that was too good to pass
                "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

The Star, The Globe, The National Enquirer.................................

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                    And Kyle strikes again........defender ot the media, proponent of reporters, and friend to journalistic weasels everywhere!! LOL!
                    I didn't defend anyone with my post Fresh. I just stated the facts. I haven't said one way or the other if I like Cataldi.

Radio is a real tough business to stay in one place that long, so he must bring in a boatload of money for CBS Radio.

I will never understand fans that blame the media in this town for our teams not winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle D
                      I just stated the facts.
                      I'd wonder what their relevance are to the story, though.
                      Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                        I didn't defend anyone with my post Fresh. I just stated the facts. I haven't said one way or the other if I like Cataldi.

Radio is a real tough business to stay in one place that long, so he must bring in a boatload of money for CBS Radio.

I will never understand fans that blame the media in this town for our teams not winning.
                        Bringing in tons of cash at one's place of employment is different than what one is like as a human being...

Cataldi has proven he is a typical shock jock radio host...it speaks to the lowest common denominator and has very little if any true value...

Everyone picks their career and all the power to him for doing what he has to do to retain his position and play to the largely moronic audience who supports his show and his station...

But this story has to do with how he is as a human being...and it makes perfect sense that he comes off as an ass and idiot here too...
                        Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Everyone picks their career and all the power to him for doing what he has to do to retain his position and play to the largely moronic audience who supports his show and his station...
                          That's exactly what I'm talking about VFK. You act like your shit doesn't stink. Like you're above WIP. Please.

Take WIP for what's it's worth. Personally, I enjoy listening to the station. It's the only place in town where you get local sports talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't love every show and every host, but it's a fun listen. I like to listen to idiot callers and how the hosts deal with them.

I'm not saying that everyone has to like it, but to act like you're an Elite fan and that it's below you is very self-serving. Lighten up, it's sports!

Back to Cataldi...

But this story has to do with how he is as a human being...and it makes perfect sense that he comes off as an ass and idiot here too...
                          Angelo would be the first to tell you that he's an ass!

He and Rhea did a nice thing here. They bought a $210 bottle of champagne for Donovan and his family, and some of you turn that around to rip Angelo? If he went over to the table and told Donovan that he needs to get thicker skin and get over what happened when he was drafted, then you would have a valid point.

Comment

He and Rhea did a nice thing here. They bought a $210 bottle of champagne for Donovan and his family, and some of you turn that around to rip Angelo? If he went over to the table and told Donovan that he needs to get thicker skin and get over what happened when he was drafted, then you would have a valid point.
                            Actually, Rhea did it. Angelo didn't. I would've actually had more respect for him if he did tell Donovan to have a thicker skin, because it would've at least been more genuine. He makes a living talking down about the guy, then when he actually sees him in public, he shrivels up.

And I don't buy the whole "Angelo knows he's an ass" bit. It's just a way to hide behind his job as "entertainment". He does the same thing with the "I'm just a passionate fan who loves the Eagles" defense. It's a way of ducking responsibility for playing misinformative bomb-thrower.
                            Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm talking about VFK. You act like your shit doesn't stink. Like you're above WIP. Please.

Take WIP for what's it's worth. Personally, I enjoy listening to the station. It's the only place in town where you get local sports talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't love every show and every host, but it's a fun listen. I like to listen to idiot callers and how the hosts deal with them.

I'm not saying that everyone has to like it, but to act like you're an Elite fan and that it's below you is very self-serving. Lighten up, it's sports!

Back to Cataldi...

[quote:6acf0]But this story has to do with how he is as a human being...and it makes perfect sense that he comes off as an ass and idiot here too...

He and Rhea did a nice thing here. They bought a $210 bottle of champagne for Donovan and his family, and some of you turn that around to rip Angelo? If he went over to the table and told Donovan that he needs to get thicker skin and get over what happened when he was drafted, then you would have a valid point.[/quote:6acf0]

Angelo ripped himself! He said he and Rhea looked stupid and classless...and he was right...Rhea added an idiotic note to that bottle of champagne jabbing at McNabb and his family and at first they did not send anything to them UNTIL the McNabb's sent something to them...

Angelo can "act" like an ass on the air as part of his job and that is fine...but when we get evidence he is an ass in real life then it confirms all we thought we knew IMO...

I am an elitist fan...I admit it without any guilt or shame or hesitation...I hate WIP and all it stands for since it has helped poison our sports culture in this city very very badly....it helps to turn the fans against our players, coaches, creates controversy endlessly without evidence/fact most of the time and goes way beyond the professional journalistic ethics of the mainstream media IMO...

I am a fan who actually wants discussion about sports where respect is given both sides, ideas are shared, facts exchanged and knowledge enhanced...where the many shades of gray are analyzed and acknowledged as being reasonable instead of demonizing one side or the other and creating "facts" to humiliate or ostracize people...

Life is NOT black and white...good or bad...full or empty IMO...

Unfortunately, many fans support it and their station makes tons of money and their influence only grows...

WPEN 950 or WFAN 660 in NYC are alternatives I listen to for specific shows....they both have some reasonable, professional, rational, sports-based discussion on their station that I enjoy...not all the shows and not all the hosts...both have their share of moronic shock jock types too, but not to the extent of WIP IMO...
                              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X