Archuleta for a 6th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archuleta for a 6th...

Cautionary tale for the FA who just goes for the money and regrets it later...Redskins were lucky to get a 6th rounder for him and to get out from underneath that ridiculous contract...

Article states any deal assumes a re-negotiation of the bonus Archuleta is due tomorrow and of the contract in totum...

Archuleta wanted to sign with Chicago last year in FA, but went to Washington because of the money grab...

Hopefully players will learn soon Redskins have no clue how to build a winning team and themoney ain't worth the frustration, angst and lost time in and damage to one's career...

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showa...ArticleID=5063
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Archuleta now a Bear......

Redskins | Team trades Archuleta
    Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:35:18 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have acquired a sixth-round draft pick that could become a fifth-round draft pick from the Chicago Bears for FS Adam Archuleta.

Bears | Team acquires Archuleta
    Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:33:10 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Chicago Bears have acquired FS Adam Archuleta from the Washington Redskins for a sixth-round draft pick that could become a fifth-round draft pick.

Comment

Lovie Smith has a lot of success with Archuleta in St. Louis. I have no doubt he'll use him in a similar fashion and have success in Chicago.

Comment

ASU represent! :P

Comment

Well, he did pick up a huge signing bonus for one miserable year in Washington and then gets to play for who he wanted to. Seems like a decent trade-off. What does Archuleta care that the Skins only got a 6th in return?

Comment

Yeah... sounds more like a cautionary tale for GMs than Archuletta.

Comment

Archuleta must be the happiest guy on earth right now.
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

You do not think Archuleta's rep as a player was damaged during his stint in DC or that he liked being the butt of endless jokes?

He was ridiculed constantly since he signed that deal and showed how much a one dimensional player he is...

If Lovie can revive his career, then it may end up ok, but right now he has alot of work to do and alot of people to convince IMO...

Sure, he's got a lot of coin, but can that buy respect, trust and legitimacy? Not IMO...

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                  Yeah... sounds more like a cautionary tale for GMs than Archuletta.
                  I agree with this too, but the Redskins seem beyond rescue IMO...plus I want them to keep making expensive mistakes like this!

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                    You do not think Archuleta's rep as a player was damaged during his stint in DC or that he liked being the butt of endless jokes?
                    Coming home to this probably helped his confidence a little...

Comment

He was ridiculed constantly since he signed that deal and showed how much a one dimensional player he is...
                      Don't you think most of the league already knew he was a one-dimensional player? Didn't most people on this board in its old incarnation point that out? Weren't the Redskins ridiculed for that contract the moment he signed it? Again, at least he cashed in.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis

If he has that package readily available, now wonder he can't run so fast! Making the "Beast with Two Backs" too often tends to sap your strength!

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis

Uhhh...Vin, we need a drool emoticon please....thank you...

-Andy Reid

Comment

www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I ran into a couple of Redskins fans this morning (unfortunatley I wasn't in my Buick.....<rimshot>) and they were doing a bye-bye-Archuletta dance. So I asked them, "well, you're happy he's gone....but didn't you guys pay a lot of scratch for him?"

They looked at me with blank stares. No comprende.
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                              X