49ers / Green Bay = Sit Lito Sheppard and Rod Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers / Green Bay = Sit Lito Sheppard and Rod Hood

SF and GB are both going to give us better games than we think. It appears the Niners have something brewing out west from their first two outings against AZ and STL.

I have no question that McNabb and Co. put up major offensive numbers the next two weeks and the reality is that we need to get to the Dallas game at 3-1 and with Lito Sheppard and Rod Hood ready to play.

There is no leeway on this. Our schedule gets brutal later in the year and we cannot face Indy / Dallas / NYG II and some other clubs without our top 3 corners on the field.

I don't think Lito is going to be 100% all year (Old injury plus this one) - and I'm not sure about Rod Hood - but if I'm Reid and Co. I see the "big picture" and let the offense carry us in the SF/GB games - get to 3-1 and then get the two corners back in the mix.

Until then - use a ton of Dawkins and Considine at the same time to try and "mask" that Josellio Hanson is the worst player in the entire NFL.

Those are my thoughts. If we lose either the SF or GB game you can mark this season down as "life support". That's the flipside to having an "easy" early season schedule. It's easy - but if you lose during that period - forget it.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Totally agree BP. The only thing true about most GIMME games is they're never as much of a gimme as you think. I think the Eagles will be fine, as long as they focus on the next two weeks, one game at a time. It's only human nature though, to think of last year, and how pathetic San Fran and the Packers were. We beat them w/ our JV squad. As long as they don't get overconfident, I can't see them losing either game. See that, even I'm looking at these games together, rather then individually. That's the danger.
    I think both games could be close, but I think we'll be successful, particularly in the running game for some reason. Look for Buck to contribute bigtime. Just a feeling!..............San Francisco first.

Comment

Travelling across the country after a tough loss against a team with some offensive talent. If the Eagles sputter offensively, this could be an upset. They can't take SF lightly, especially on the road.

Comment

Antonio Bryant will abuse Josellio Hanson. JJ better man up Sheldon on Bryant all day.

Frank Gore doesn't scare me with our defensive front.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

BP, I definately see the worry in taking this team lightly. There's no doubt that the Niners have some weapons, but in truth this game really shouldn't be close. We're talking about Alex Smith, for god's sake. He should throw atleast 2 picks facing our pass rush. Barring a complete collapse and sloppy game filled w/ penalties for us, and again overconfidence, it may be closer then we want, but still a win

Comment

Alex Smith has a 95 QB Rating for two weeks.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
              Against the Cardinals and the Rams....

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                And zero interceptions.

Why do people just assume the Eagles should win? There are no gimmies in the NFL, and whatever happened last year doesn't help them on Sunday.

They cannot take this team lightly.

Comment

After last weeks game this team will take nothing for granted the rest of the year. People loss focus and the giants bit them in the ass. character football players don't forget.

Look for a very focused, motivated team to tear SF apart. they all know they made the season a lot tougher now.

But if they cannot rise to these new challenges then they are not team most of us thought they were and this will be a long season.

Comment

Characer football players don't lose focus, screw around and blow a fucking 17 point 4th quarter lead!!!!!! Whew......sorry.

BP is right, it we can't beat GB and SF without Hood and Shep, we're pretty much toast anyway.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                    X