No announcement yet.

Eagles @ Packers Game Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember what the temperature was but they did win in a snow storm last year.

Comment

Packs 4-0 at home, but it hasn't been overly impressive as far as the teams they've beaten. Jets, Vikings, Carolina and the Bears. Jets played em tough. It's going to be a tough game for sure, but the doom and gloom about going to GB is crazy. If the D can find a way to get pressure on Rogers, Birds got a real shot.
      Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
        I don't give a fuck- you want to win the Superbowl, then prove you have the stones.

Go to Lambeau, undermanned at LBer, walking wounded on the line, RB stuck in reverse, and the backup QB.

And fuckin let it all hang out.
        That's my boy WC!!!!!

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post
          Packs 4-0 at home, but it hasn't been overly impressive as far as the teams they've beaten. Jets, Vikings, Carolina and the Bears. Jets played em tough. It's going to be a tough game for sure, but the doom and gloom about going to GB is crazy. If the D can find a way to get pressure on Rogers, Birds got a real shot.
          You're right. They haven't beaten anybody yet.
          If the Packers beat the Eagles it will be their best win of the season so far.
          Since I expect both defenses to play to stop the run, it will depend on which QB can throw the best in the bitter cold.

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
            You're right. They haven't beaten anybody yet.
            If the Packers beat the Eagles it will be their best win of the season so far.
            Since I expect both defenses to play to stop the run, it will depend on which QB can throw the best in the bitter cold.
            Advantage Rodgers.

Comment

Jeeze, if you look at the stats, the Eagles and Packers are really, really close on offense and defense.

Comment

They have Rogers, we have a better defense. Dead even except the game is in GB. So advantage GB.

Comment

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    They have Rogers, we have a better defense. Dead even except the game is in GB. So advantage GB.
                    You forgot something, Popper.

Special teams. The Eagles and Pack might be pretty much equal on offense and defense, but, according to the folks at footballoutsiders, the Eagles are numero uno in special teams rankings. The Pack are #15. The Eagles' stats are significantly better, and indicate that the birds have a distinct advantage on specials, and that, my friend, just might be the difference in this game.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      You forgot something, Popper.

Special teams. The Eagles and Pack might be pretty much equal on offense and defense, but, according to the folks at footballoutsiders, the Eagles are numero uno in special teams rankings. The Pack are #15. The Eagles' stats are significantly better, and indicate that the birds have a distinct advantage on specials, and that, my friend, just might be the difference in this game.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst
                      Well let's get'er done then!

EAGLES!!!!

Comment

Easier said than done but I would really like to see them be able to get pressure on Rogers and significantly disrupt Nelson at the los so he can't get into his route. Not sure they can do it but you have to make them run and then stop it.
                        On O....if they want to sell out to stop McCoy I'm okay with Sproles et al getting free on the short pass game but it would be nice to be able to get our RBs running free. I think the Eagles RBs have more big play ability than Lacy either running the ball or with the RAC
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

We're capable of winning this game. I'm not counting on it, but I'm not counting us out either.

Comment

Not many people gave us a chance in Indy either, so we will see.
                            Let's see how Sanchez performs in the cold.

Comment

High of 29 Sunday in GB with snow showers in the AM. Will probably be down to low to mid 20s by KO. That's cold but not frigid.

Comment

That's called football weather my friend! Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X