Guys who will play big roles tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys who will play big roles tomorrow

Shawn Barber - was brought in for his coverage ability and will probably be covering Shockey quite a bit during the game. This will leave Dawkins to help over the top on Burress.

LJ Smith - should have favourable matchups. Emmons is getting up in age and Arrington isn't a great cover linebackers. As Jaws said, he doesn't even play in their nickle or dime packages.

We might see 2 TEs and more of Schobel this week.

Westbrook - if he's against any of their LBs or Safetys , it's a huge mismatch. If they want to double him or put a corner on him, things will open up for Stallworth, Brown, LJ, etc.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Jaws and Sal both said Reid will probably try to get Westy or LJ covered by Arrington on 1st or 2nd down so they can abuse him....

I agree on Schobel being more involved...and yes Barber/Dawk/Jones need to shut down Shock and Plax...

Tapeh and the RB will be important for blitz pickup and keeping the running game effective....and McCoy is going to be tested big time in this game IMO...along with Hood
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Dmac And Trot... The two captains have to be sharp. All else will fall in place. The DL looks to make this a statement game. Special teams are well needed. Akers can win this game for us while the punts will need to be blasting them backwards in the 20 to goal areas. If we make Eli try to beat us... We'll win. DMac is that much better.
      http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

I'm looking for Stallworth to abuse that secondary. I think that they will actualy be covering the underneath stuff heavily and concerning themselves with Westy who has abused thim in the past. I see success over the top.....as long as our OL can hold up long enough for McNabb to get it off. I don't expect to have huge success on the ground against the Gints, but iI hope Andy runs enough in the first half to keep them honest. That, combined with all eyes being on Westy will open up things for Stallworth on the deep cross, and LJ down the seam.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
          I'm looking for Stallworth to abuse that secondary. I think that they will actualy be covering the underneath stuff heavily and concerning themselves with Westy who has abused thim in the past. I see success over the top.....as long as our OL can hold up long enough for McNabb to get it off. I don't expect to have huge success on the ground against the Gints, but iI hope Andy runs enough in the first half to keep them honest. That, combined with all eyes being on Westy will open up things for Stallworth on the deep cross, and LJ down the seam.
          I agree. Their secondary is bad and you know all eyes will be on the Vagiant killer Westbrook. Throw in a few McNabb runs, Stallworth and LJ could light them up.
          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Runyan and William "don't call me Tra" have both got to play well. We can get mismatches all over the field, and I've got a buck that says they throw at least one 40 + yard bomb at Stallworth. But, Osi and Strahan are both beasts, and our tackles have got to contain them. If we keep McNabb freed up to make his reads, without getting his a$$ kicked, he will shred their secondary, big time.

Comment

Good points, EB....this may be one of those games when McNabb has to run to keep them guessing...
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                Fresh, gotta agree with you on the Stallworth/Westbrook scenario. However, I strongly, repeat, strongly believe that we are looking at the best OL I have seen in Philly since the 40's....yes eons ago. Sit back and enjoy Andrews, Jackson and Herremans as they earn their nickname. Pancake Alley is gonna do just that to the Vagiant DTs and The Mouth at MLB. Once we own the middle of the line it will change the way Old Man Strahan and Osi can play and then we dictate the game from then on. The game is won in the trenches.

Comment

Great thought Dutch, just gotta see it play out. I'll say this, if we can run successfuly against the Gints, then I have confidence in our ability to run on anyone. But I figure they wil do all they can to take that away from us, and play the run and the short passing game. But if someone knows your gonna do something, and you STILL can't stop em, welll...game over.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                  X