X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It's Time!"

I know it's old but it NEVER gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40q0Q5zwK9w

I Think Bucky breaks a long run for a TD this week. I also hope Moats is activated this weekend so we can rest Westbrook after we buildup a big lead.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

4th and 26 always gives me goosebumps. Same with Westy's punt return against the Giants (I was at that game).

One thing I've wondered, is it illegal when Dawk pulls the supplex? I know it's never been called, but something about it just doesn't seem quite right. If someone did that to our players, I'd probably be pissed.

Comment

I guess technically it could be considered unessary roughness, but there is no specific rule for it like there is the horse collar. I mean a perfect form tackle is basically a belly to belly suplex. The dawkplex is sorta like a german suplex.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_eagle
          4th and 26 always gives me goosebumps. Same with Westy's punt return against the Giants (I was at that game).

One thing I've wondered, is it illegal when Dawk pulls the supplex? I know it's never been called, but something about it just doesn't seem quite right. If someone did that to our players, I'd probably be pissed.
          That 2003 GB playoff game is still the most amazing game I have ever watched....
          Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

[quote=Vote for Kalas]
            Originally posted by "nyc_eagle":21f94

That 2003 GB playoff game is still the most amazing game I have ever watched....[/quote:21f94]

It is the most exciting game I've attended but in the pantheon of great Eagles games I've seen in person, it's #3 behind:

1) NFCCG victory over the Falcons

2) Superbowl ( I know we lost but it was an experience of a lifetime)

Comment

Yes, if we got down to it, steve, we could add in the 1980 SB and the NFCCG win over Dallas that year and several others, but for sheer excitement, edge of your seat panic and euphoria within seconds type of angst, that GB playoff game is #1 IMO...
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                Yes, if we got down to it, steve, we could add in the 1980 SB and the NFCCG win over Dallas that year and several others, but for sheer excitement, edge of your seat panic and euphoria within seconds type of angst, that GB playoff game is #1 IMO...
                I agree - it was the most exhilirating. My list contained games I attended and I wasn't present at the 1980 games.

I've been to so many of the great games from the Buddy Ryan era forward that it would be hard to come up with an all-time great list but to add to my top 3 would be several other playoff games plus 4th & 1 and when the 1990 squad beat the undefeated 10-0 Giants with a thumping that had Bavaro tossed and Byron Evans dancing in the endzone.

Comment

And the guy who started for the Eagles at QB that day (couldn't have been that guy named McNabb, because his former WR says that he gets nervous in big games) had a spectacular day, leading the Eagles from behind, completing the 4th & 26 pass, completing 21 of 39 passes for 248 yards and 2 touchdowns, while also rushing for 107 yards on 11 carries.
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                    And the guy who started for the Eagles at QB that day (couldn't have been that guy named McNabb, because his former WR says that he gets nervous in big games) had a spectacular day, leading the Eagles from behind, completing the 4th & 26 pass, completing 21 of 39 passes for 248 yards and 2 touchdowns, while also rushing for 107 yards on 11 carries.
                    Also that guy Pinkston is a choker anyway; that was someone else catching that ball in the corner of the endzone.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                      Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
                      Also that guy Pinkston is a choker anyway; that was someone else catching that ball in the corner of the endzone.
                      Yeah, good one leif, that guy was the leading receiver for both teams that day, couldn't have been "that" Todd Pinkston!

http://www.databasefootball.com/boxscor ... PHI&lg=NFL
                      RECEIVING
                      Green Bay REC YDS AVG LNG TD
                      Robert Ferguson 4 65 16.3 40t 2
                      Javon Walker 1 44 44.0 44 0
                      Donald Driver 2 25 12.5 19 0
                      Ahman Green 3 16 5.3 8 0
                      Tony Fisher 2 13 6.5 11 0
                      Wesley Walls 1 7 7.0 7 0
                      Bubba Franks 1 6 6.0 6 0
                      Wilbur Henderson 1 4 4.0 4 0

Philadelphia REC YDS AVG LNG TD
                      Todd Pinkston 7 95 13.6 45 1
                      Chad Lewis 4 37 9.3 12 0
                      Freddie Mitchell 2 37 18.5 28 0
                      L.J. Smith 2 31 15.5 23 0
                      Duce Staley 3 26 8.7 15 1
                      James Thrash 1 9 9.0 9 0
                      Reno Mahe 1 8 8.0 8 0
                      Correll Buckhalter 1 5 5.0 5 0
                      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                      X