Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins....

NFL officially announces Texans/Raiders 11/21/16 game in Mexico City

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell officially announced Friday that the Houston Texans and the Oakland Raiders will play a 2016 regular season game at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City according to NFL.com.

The game will be played on November 21 and the Raiders will serve as the "home" team. The Texans/Raiders pairing in Mexico City has been rumored for weeks and the Texans in particular should be a huge draw at Azteca, which seats 100,000 fans. The Texans have a large Hispanic following and team owner Bob McNair sees the game as "a great opportunity to grow our brand on a global scale".

This will be the first NFL regular season game in Mexico since the Arizona Cardinals defeated the San Francisco 49ers in 2005 before 103,467 fans at Azteca. It will be part of the Monday Night Football schedule and will be broadcast on ESPN. The announcement means that there will be four games played outside the United States during the 2016 season. The Jaguars, Rams and Bengals will be serving as “home” teams for games in London that will be played at Wembley and Twickenham Stadiums.

So Mexico City and London will be graced with the NFL's presence in 2016- but St. Louis, Missouri is no longer an NFL city with San Diego and Oakland soon to follow? The NFL sure knows how to treat its loyal, ticket-buying fans.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I hope everybody boycotts this freakin travesty.

Oh, and F Mexico, and f you Chapo.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Just see no reason on earth that they need to go to London or Mexico City. I could half ass live with Mexico City because they are on the same continent but let others have their own football league if they want.
      I'd say the same about soccer. If the US wants soccer they should have their own league and let Europe, South America, etc have their leagues
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I suppose I could live with Mexico if it were necessary for survival, but this asshole that owns the Rams has been looking to move them since the day he bought them and they've been supported well. And like I mentioned earlier in another post, he's trying to screw people in St. Louis out of their PSLs too (good luck with that one jerkoff). I love football, but I hate the NFL!!

Comment

I don't care to put any coin in Mexicos pockets. And I don't see why the NFL feels it needs to do trade with them. Greed,I suppose. But that is why American fans of NFL football should boycott this mess. I do feel bad for the people in St Louis. But I also feel bad for fans of the Texans and Raiders, and for thenfriggin players, even. They didn't sign up for this crap. I expect most ofthem believed they were playing in the U.S. But I doubt you will hear a peep from the players. They will follow the company line and talk about the honor it is to be an ambassador of, blah, blah, blah....... Fans? You'll hear from them.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            I don't care to put any coin in Mexicos pockets. And I don't see why the NFL feels it needs to do trade with them. Greed,I suppose. But that is why American fans of NFL football should boycott this mess. I do feel bad for the people in St Louis. But I also feel bad for fans of the Texans and Raiders, and for thenfriggin players, even. They didn't sign up for this crap. I expect most ofthem believed they were playing in the U.S. But I doubt you will hear a peep from the players. They will follow the company line and talk about the honor it is to be an ambassador of, blah, blah, blah....... Fans? You'll hear from them.
            Fresh Mexico needs the money to pay for Trump's wall.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
              Fresh Mexico needs the money to pay for Trump's wall.
              LOL! The blowhole said he's going to make them pay for it. Hard to believe people buy his shit. This guy is actually making money on his campaign. People are really fed up.

Comment

Working...
              X