50 years of Super Bowls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 years of Super Bowls

I was out in the car earlier with the radio on and heard audio clips from the final or deciding plays of the previous 49 years. Two thoughts jumped out at me as I listened...

1) I'd forgotten it was the Giants who won SB XXV when Scott Norwood's FG try went barely Wide Right. My thought...the Gnats have been the beneficiaries of some exceeding good fortune (a missed FG and 2 once in a lifetime receptions) in their last 3 wins. Yeah, there's some envy mixed in here.

2) It occurred to me that he Eagles franchise is totally undeserving of the loyalty we fans have consistently extended to it in the 55 years since the 1960 championship. And It hasn't been simply the opposite of the good fortune the Gnats enjoyed in those last 3 wins that has left our trophy case empty. No, it's much more the result of a series of owners that have been sometimes too cheap, often too stupid and much too frequently arrogant without ANY reason to have pride.

The more I think about the repeated success experienced by teams like Pitts, NE, SF, Green Bay and the 3 other teams in our division compared with the dismal performance of the Birds the more it angers and saddens me.

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
    I was out in the car earlier with the radio on and heard audio clips from the final or deciding plays of the previous 49 years. Two thoughts jumped out at me as I listened...

1) I'd forgotten it was the Giants who won SB XXV when Scott Norwood's FG try went barely Wide Right. My thought...the Gnats have been the beneficiaries of some exceeding good fortune (a missed FG and 2 once in a lifetime receptions) in their last 3 wins. Yeah, there's some envy mixed in here.

2) It occurred to me that he Eagles franchise is totally undeserving of the loyalty we fans have consistently extended to it in the 55 years since the 1960 championship. And It hasn't been simply the opposite of the good fortune the Gnats enjoyed in those last 3 wins that has left our trophy case empty. No, it's much more the result of a series of owners that have been sometimes too cheap, often too stupid and much too frequently arrogant without ANY reason to have pride.

The more I think about the repeated success experienced by teams like Pitts, NE, SF, Green Bay and the 3 other teams in our division compared with the dismal performance of the Birds the more it angers and saddens me.
    This is such a truism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Good post, tino...as painful as it is. Sadly, it doesn'tappear that we are getting any closer to the prize. So I guess we had all just embrace MDFAN's mantra...and just enjoy the ride. (just wish we had a better susension to deal with all of these bumps)
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

The Eagles are good at being the Lucy of pro football (with Eagles fans playing the role of Charlie Brown).

Comment

"Enjoy the ride cause that's all we get" --- refers both to the Eagles in particular and it's just flat out true for every fan of every team in every sport. It really is all we get!

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
              The Eagles are good at being the Lucy of pro football (with Eagles fans playing the role of Charlie Brown).
              Ain't that the truth!!!
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X