Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating the value of preseason games

Jarvis Landry on Beckham injury: ‘This is why I hate preseason bull—-‘

When New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. injured his knee in Monday night’s preseason game against the Cleveland Browns, Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry did not hold back, Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post reports.

“This is why I hate preseason bull—-,” Landry tweeted.

Beckham and Landry are extremely close friends and they played together at LSU.

Landry is hoping for a contract extension as he has one year left on a rookie deal with Miami.

Beckham is hoping for a contract extension as he has two years left on a rookie deal with New York.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Unlike anyone else it seems, I'm very much in favor of preseason games. I could go on with the list of reasons why you shouldn't have them but we all know that the main reason is injuries. Sorry, but those are just part of the game. Heck, Hicks got hurt in a swimming pool on his honeymoon. Shit happens. The quality of football is not that good in the beginning of the year anyway due to shortened team activities and such. Preseason is a necessary evil. And let's face it, the starters only play a total of less than 2 games. The only thing bad that I find about it is that the fans are forced to buy tickets for them. Even that I find to be a half truth because the owners would just raise the prices for regular season games if they were eliminated.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Unlike anyone else it seems, I'm very much in favor of preseason games. I could go on with the list of reasons why you shouldn't have them but we all know that the main reason is injuries. Sorry, but those are just part of the game. Heck, Hicks got hurt in a swimming pool on his honeymoon. Shit happens. The quality of football is not that good in the beginning of the year anyway due to shortened team activities and such. Preseason is a necessary evil. And let's face it, the starters only play a total of less than 2 games. The only thing bad that I find about it is that the fans are forced to buy tickets for them. Even that I find to be a half truth because the owners would just raise the prices for regular season games if they were eliminated.

Let's just say I disagree here --- the NEGATIVES far... by a large margin... out weigh the positives that can be accomplished by having 2 instead of 4 fake games!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

Let's just say I disagree here --- the NEGATIVES far... by a large margin... out weigh the positives that can be accomplished by having 2 instead of 4 fake games!
      Maybe we compromised here because they are only really having 3 this year.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X