• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrews signed through 2015

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeN ... p?id=50081

Andrews Inked Through 2015

June 12, 2006
    By DAVE SPADARO

Offensive lineman Shawn Andrews, a rising star in the NFL, is going to be an Eagle for a long, long time. The team announced on Monday morning that Andrews has signed a contract through the 2015 season, a seven-year extension on his current deal.

A 2 p.m. press conference is scheduled at the NovaCare Complex and you can listen in or watch live during our Eagles Live! show.

Andrews played well last year, and is looking for more in 2006 and beyond.

Andrews, the team's No. 1 draft pick in 2004, had four years remaining on his original six-year contract. But the Eagles, as they have done in the past, identified Andrews as a young member of the core, and got the deal done with the right guard over the weekend.

Andrews missed much of his rookie season after suffering a broken ankle in the regular season opener in 2004 against the Giants. He rebounded with an outstanding 2005, earning first alternate status for the NFC Pro Bowl team. Andrews started every game for the Eagles last season and showed what kind of a big-time player he can be.

The Eagles obviously love his ability, and they certainly love the way he has lost 35-plus pounds this off-season.

Andrews is the kind of player the Eagles have targeted for extensions in the past: He is young, with some time remaining on his original contract and he has been identified as one of the players around whom to build for the future.

Projected as a right tackle as a draft-eligible player, but he has settled in at right guard.

Wow.

Comment

Freaking great post and great news. Love Andrews.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Damn,,, they MUST think a lot of the guy------- 9 more years if they want him!

Thanks McNabbmcnow!

Anybody wanna guess at what the published contract worth will be?

Comment

I'd love to see the contract...I'm sure there is a very heavy weight management clause...

Comment

Great - and I'm sure with the length of the contract - it's doctored so we can get out without much in the way of cap ramifications early on.

Comment

Says he lost 35 pounds,, does he need more off anybody know?

And I'm assuming that his polyp issue is under control at this point.....

Man this is just good news!

Comment

Eagles sign veteran guard Shawn Andrews
                Story Tools:
                Print Email Blog This
                Associated Press
                Posted: 43 minutes ago

The Philadelphia Eagles are following a trend they started a few years ago by locking up young potential stars to deals well before they reach free agency.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Eagles have signed guard Shawn Andrews to a seven-year extension that could be worth up to $40 million and includes $12 million in first-year money. The deal also includes between $10 million and $11 million in total bonus money.
                While most teams elect to wait until a player nears free agency to lock them up, the Eagles got Andrews locked up despite the fact the player had three years remaining on his rookie contract. He's now locked up until 2015. Philly had previously taken a similar tactic with CBs Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown as well as tackle Tra Thomas.

Andrews was a first-alternate to the Pro Bowl last year and the Eagles wanted to lock him up because of the way the guard market has exploded in free agency the last two years.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Damn, what was his bonus when we signed him?

Comment

Don't know but considering what Hutchinson just got - this is a smart move.

Andrews couls be worth a $18-20 guaranteed bonus three years from now considering Cap inflation and the price of interior linemen.
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Wow, this one really came out of left field.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

This is good news indeed. Andrews has stated that he wants to report to training camp at 355. That's 10 pounds over his freshman playing weight in college. He is poised to have a breakout season, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him in Hawaii next year. Good job by the FO to lock him up. Now, he's got to keep his end of the deal, keep his weight down, and kick a$$ on the field.

Comment

I love Andrews and if some of these young guys really show in the next year or two, I would imagine that the same tactic would be applied to them. Locking up a young line for the next 5+ years would definitely keep the Birds in a position to compete every year.
                          Things have changed just a bit from the Buddy days.

Comment

Associated Press Report, July 31st 2011
                            Shawn Andrews is holding out of training camp. The 4 time Pro-Bowler said "Man, I was a kid when I signed that contract. I'm playing at the level of the best linemen in the league. They should pay me what I'm worth now"
                            Andy Reid, coach of the Eagles, now 4 out of 6 in Superbowls said "There are no injuries to report. There is no comment at this time on Shawn. We all hope he shows up."
                            Asked if this was similar to the Wellbourne situation in 2004, Coach Reid said "Who?".

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                              Associated Press Report, July 31st 2011
                              Shawn Andrews is holding out of training camp. The 4 time Pro-Bowler said "Man, I was a kid when I signed that contract. I'm playing at the level of the best linemen in the league. They should pay me what I'm worth now"
                              Andy Reid, coach of the Eagles, now 4 out of 6 in Superbowls said "There are no injuries to report. There is no comment at this time on Shawn. We all hope he shows up."
                              Asked if this was similar to the Wellbourne situation in 2004, Coach Reid said "Who?".
                              * Pretty much.
                              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                              Playoff Appearances:
                              NFC Title Games:
                              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                              X