Name Emerges In FO Exec Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't say I have a Ton of faith in or desire for Failed Brownies
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Hunt has a second interview with the Eagles, I wouldn't doubt he is the guy. Here is what I think is going to be the structure

Hunt - Day to Day personnel
      Doug P - Day to Day on field football operations (Head Coach)
      Howie - Contracts and hiring and firing

Lurie - Final say over everything.

I do not like that structure but I can see how it works. All three of the above guys have their areas of expertise. Rip Howie as much as you want but I am telling you there is not a better cap guy and honestly he has been pretty damn good with trades to, but not a better cap guy out there. Hunt runs the acquisitions of players based on Doug and Schwartz offense/defense and Doug sets tone for what they need. Lurie breaks the ties. It could work or it could continue on the dysfunction of the team.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Here's how I think it will work: Since Lurie trusts Howie to the extent that he gave him a raise when Kelly assumed control, Howie will act as Lurie's full surrogate thus effectively giving him full control over both football and business matters. Let's face it, this is now Howie's team. If Lurie really wanted a GM, he would have hired one. Dominik may have been the only candidate capable of being a GM (if he really was a candidate), and he declined.
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I also think there is equal say among the FO players. Having said that there are equals among equals and I see that as Howie. I don't have an issue here. Howie's bad rep is mostly just people talking
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
            I also think there is equal say among the FO players. Having said that there are equals among equals and I see that as Howie. I don't have an issue here. Howie's bad rep is mostly just people talking
            2 in a row we agree on.

This guy has come from places that have had good talent recognition.

And whole many here seem to think they know how it (FO) works and it's all black and white, fine. But this guy seems to come here (if he comes) with a very good pedigree and these guys have to work their way up the food chain.

Many seem to think that this F/O is some sort of house of horrors to work in, which I for one seriously doubt.

Comment

Nah, the house of horrors left wtih Chip.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                Nah, the house of horrors left wtih Chip.
                LOL!
                Wonder if the walls splattered with the stains of bruised egos and damaged reputations?

Comment

At this point, no one knows (not even Lurie) how successful the new management situation will be. It could go either way. One thing is certain: Chip Kelly set a pretty low bar.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

The structure doesn't matter. Get.The.Players. There's never been an issue with Howie managing contracts, and he's done a good job of keeping the talented players that the Eagles have wanted to extend. The issue is FA and the draft. Let's not forget the "dream team" failures, or their inability to draft quality defensive talent for long stretches of time. They have got to do a better job in the draft. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      Well if this is who they are bringing in it's pretty clear that he's not the last say, that's for sure. This certainly solidifies The Ferret as the guy running the whole show.
                      Lurie said earlier that they may hire one personnel guy before the draft, and one guy later.

Normally, teams would not give permission to hire away personnel guys before the draft (this is their heavy workload time of year, plus they could spill some draft board intelligence). It's possible the "later" one would be the guy with a lot more say (and would probably replace Donahoe). Not sure which one Hunt would be.

It's possible that Donahoe gets final say at the draft table this year... or maybe it's more like he would have more influence than Roseman ranking the players on the draft board then it's up to Roseman to maximize the value (trades etc.). Then someone is hired to fulfill that role more long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                        Lurie said earlier that they may hire one personnel guy before the draft, and one guy later.

Normally, teams would not give permission to hire away personnel guys before the draft (this is their heavy workload time of year, plus they could spill some draft board intelligence). It's possible the "later" one would be the guy with a lot more say (and would probably replace Donahoe). Not sure which one Hunt would be.

It's possible that Donahoe gets final say at the draft table this year... or maybe it's more like he would have more influence than Roseman ranking the players on the draft board then it's up to Roseman to maximize the value (trades etc.). Then someone is hired to fulfill that role more long-term.
                        Well I think it's pretty clear that Howie's in charge here. Hey it's done. I just hope he does a good job now!
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Donohoe's resume hasn't impressed me.

Comment

LOL! Not so fast.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...pesonnel-head/
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

This is a tough time of year to try and hire a personnel guy. Most teams won't even let you talk to their people even if its for promotion. The biggest issue I have right now is not so much Howie and Donahue but this team has lost several key people in the personnel department over the past few years and have failed to replace them. After the draft I look for a lot of changes to happen. The biggest issue is going into the draft and free agency is it Tommy and Howie and Dougie P. Lets hope they can find some players and this isn't a lost year......
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                                This is a tough time of year to try and hire a personnel guy. Most teams won't even let you talk to their people even if its for promotion. The biggest issue I have right now is not so much Howie and Donahue but this team has lost several key people in the personnel department over the past few years and have failed to replace them. After the draft I look for a lot of changes to happen. The biggest issue is going into the draft and free agency is it Tommy and Howie and Dougie P. Lets hope they can find some players and this isn't a lost year......
                                After 56 lost years why would this surprise anybody?
                                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                                X