Oline- Make what you will of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oline- Make what you will of it

Pro Football Focus graded all 32 NFL offensive lines. The Eagles rank second.

The only team to allow fewer total QB pressures as a unit than the Cowboys this season is the Philadelphia Eagles (70), but they can’t match the Dallas line when it comes to run blocking. Philadelphia’s line also won’t be quite as strong going forward, given RT Lane Johnson’s suspension; Johnson was playing at an All-Pro level this year. His replacement, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, started off extremely poorly, but has improved with each subsequent start, and has been fine in each of the past two games. Free-agent acquisition G Brandon Brooks has been the standout performer on this unit, allowing just eight total pressures this season and also run blocking well.

Football Outsiders, meanwhile, ranks the Eagles’ offensive line sixth in run blocking but only 20th in pass protection.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...HH8OEho0axG.99
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Oline has been solid but they have a huge test on Sunday.
    I wonder if drive killing penalties factor into the rankings?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I'd agree they have been solid but only compared to expectation. I haven't seen all the other teams but I can't believe the birds OL is top five.
      PFF rankings in most areas are suspect
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I thought that they were playing at a top 5 level prior to Johnson's suspension. But since then, I don't know about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          I thought that they were playing at a top 5 level prior to Johnson's suspension. But since then, I don't know about that.
          I would agree with this. Big V is playing better but they still are calling plays and protections to protect him. I would say right now Jason Kelce is the weak link on this line. He can't straight ahead block.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

PFF can be full of shit but in this case I tend to believe them. They held the Atlanta offense off the field for under 20 minutes last week because they used great ball control. I'm sure the fact that we can't go deep probably helps this stat, but I've been very happy with them at home anyway. Bennet is out for the Hawks this week so that should help a little. Of course that will be negated by their crowd noise as we lead the league in false starts. We have to break through and win one on the road.

Comment

The O line is performing much better than I thought they would. They seem to get better each week they play together. Now if only our WRs could follow their lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                The O line is performing much better than I thought they would. They seem to get better each week they play together. Now if only our WRs could follow their lead.
                You have to wonder why Wiz was on the bench so long?

Comment

I'm impressed with what Stoutland puts on the field each week. The line has been pretty damn good protecting Wentz and they can impose their will on a team on occasion. If they could kill they 50-60 yards a game in penalties, their scoring totals could be special.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                  X