X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here' what isn't reported about our evil new Secretary of Education

https://www.facebook.com/WeAreCapita...type=3&theater
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

So does that report say that she bought the sec ed job? Giving big bucks shouldn't get you a real job it should get you a job like ambassador to Haiti for hurricane operations. Having said that I'll say I'm not sure sec ed is a real job and I really didn't listen to the hearings and don't know a lot about her qualifications. But of all the nominees she sure seemed the least qualified
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      So does that report say that she bought the sec ed job? Giving big bucks shouldn't get you a real job it should get you a job like ambassador to Haiti for hurricane operations. Having said that I'll say I'm not sure sec ed is a real job and I really didn't listen to the hearings and don't know a lot about her qualifications. But of all the nominees she sure seemed the least qualified
      All the uproar is because she never attended public schools. BFD. I'm sure half of Washington didn't either. Franken just destroyed her saying it was the most ridiculous hearing that he ever heard. Who knows? I think that she and Trump want charter schools and/or a voucher system that has the left up in arms. I guess the NEA donated Franken a half million dollars for his political war chest so you can imagine whose side he's on. As a retired member of public education I can tell you that the NEA has very little to do with local school systems. I think that their only function is to lobby for Fed funds for communities that fund programs that make up about 1/2 of 1% of a school systems budget but that's it. They also take the blame for all the problems in the world and get blamed for all $20 trillion of the National Debt by the Republicans too. The whole bashing of the NEA is a joke. The Feds probably pay more for a submarine than they do for the entire nation's Federal Education budget. The whole thing is a witch hunt IMO.

Comment

So much of the uproar in general with the appointments seems to be based upon the fact that they are not all career political types. Is this shocking? It's what trump promised, good or bad.

I'll quote Ford once more : "If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always gotten"
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Agree 60 that is why I said I am not sure sec ed is much of a job. Just wanted to point out that she may have given and given and given money but that really doesn't make you qualified. As for nominees I would say that elections have consequences. The Pres gets to appoint who he wishes but they really should be qualified unless it is a payback type job as many ambassadors are. That is why the senate gets a say. Secretary jobs usually aren't just given to friends. Trump has made good and bad nominations in my mind who should be appointed because they are at least qualified for the job. Devos is to many, many people is singularly unqualified for the job. That is why I am surprised other repubs didn't vote against her.
          I will say this; when you see people confirmed in bitter battles along party lines you can bet senators are voting politically and not in the best interests of the country. I admire the two repubs who stood up and said she isn't qualified and Manchin voted against his party when he voted for Sessions (I believe it was Sessions). ND has a dem (Heidi Heitkamp) who votes for oil, for gun rights, etc against her party. We also have a repub (John Hoeven) who wakes up and calls Mitch to ask which tie to wear and what to say. I have voted for Hoeven in every election (as governor and senator) but he has shown himself to be a dishrag in congress and won't get any votes in the future
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I know that she does a lot of volunteer work for schools to but I don't know at what capacity. Whatever, she shouldn't be treated like she has been but I guess that's politics. As for Trump's appointments in general who knows? Only time will tell. I know that people are pissed off because he said that he was going to drain the swamp of Wall Street and then turned around and hired crooks from the same place. The only explanation that I can think of if he is indeed on the level is that companies turn around and hire convicted hackers to develop better securities for their businesses all the time because they are experts. Hopefully Trump is doing the same thing with these bankers but I certainly understand the cynicism.

Comment

The temper tantrums will continue until there is real change. Believe it.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Guess I don't understand your comment about temper tantrums. Not sure who is throwing temper tantrums. I do believe there needs to be real change and have said all along it is both parties. The dems and the repubs have established that they control the money and the politics; the one thing they will work together on is keeping anyone else out.
                People believe Trump is different because they want to believe he is different. Trump has always been about Trump and is still about Trump. He doesn't give a crap about the average American. But I still hold out hope that will evolve in the office and do what is right for people not for him or for the people with money or for those in his pocket. Things haven't started smoothly but there is a long way to go.
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Guess I don't understand your comment about temper tantrums. Not sure who is throwing temper tantrums. I do believe there needs to be real change and have said all along it is both parties. The dems and the repubs have established that they control the money and the politics; the one thing they will work together on is keeping anyone else out.
                  People believe Trump is different because they want to believe he is different. Trump has always been about Trump and is still about Trump. He doesn't give a crap about the average American. But I still hold out hope that will evolve in the office and do what is right for people not for him or for the people with money or for those in his pocket. Things haven't started smoothly but there is a long way to go.
                  LOL. You have just described every person that has ever been in Washington! It's all about ego, power and most of all getting re elected. If it weren't so sad it would be comical. It's been that way since the founding fathers and will continue for the rest of the country's history I'm afraid. It's amazing how well it works despite them.

You are so right about Trump, but if he fixes some things along the way we'll be happy. After all, if he actually does what he claims he can do he will be hailed as a hero and of course that's all that he obviously wants. Of course all of Washington doesn't really want that to happen so I would argue that it's impossible to fix. What a world.

Comment

Yea I guess I don't have a good answer. Power corrupts. Not sure how to solve that but I am hopeful that Trump will evolve. Just not sure about those he has surrounded himself with but time will tell
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

I think the temper tantrums should be self explanatory. People complaining and protesting just because of a political or personal preference. Makes no matter that prior administration's did the exact same damned things. But I absolutley did NOT see any where near the level of public, and political tantrums during the prior administration's that I do now. It's not close. Not remotey close. Is this debateable?

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                        I think the temper tantrums should be self explanatory. People complaining and protesting just because of a political or personal preference. Makes no matter that prior administration's did the exact same damned things. But I absolutley did NOT see any where near the level of public, and political tantrums during the prior administration's that I do now. It's not close. Not remotey close. Is this debateable?
                        The only thing different Mike is that Trump is really dumb about it, or let's say less Presidential. Trump has his tantrums on twitter and then attacks to the press or at least sends his press secretary to do it. Other Presidents just politely say they don't agree and then screw the attackers quietly under the table. Obama could sell sand to an Arab and would smooze the public before putting the slippers to somebody.

Comment

No, the public protesting is far greater although I don't know that it is temper tantrums but maybe. I would also say there is little doubt that the push against Obama was just as great. I would get emails every day from people with made up crap about Obama or the administration. Hell Trump himself held rallies about Obama not being a citizen and a Muslim and an illegal president. And there were protests about abortion and planned parenthood berating the Obama administration. Mitch McConnell said the day after Obama was elected that the republicans would spend the next four years making sure he was not successful (paraphrasing). But you are right the protests were not as big nor as frequent.
                          Trump brought a lot of this on himself by his words and actions during the campaign. No one can deny that he egged people on with his words and demeanor. He has softened. Where he once said he would move the embassy to Jerusalem and that settlements were Israel's right he now says no move of the embassy and that settlements are conducive to the peace process. Where he once said Japan will pay more for their defense there was not a peep out of him during the PM's visit. Where he once said lock her up he is not. Where he once said he would deport everyone now he is not. The same with his stance on Russia.
                          He let his mouth overload his ass but I think he is smart enough to see now that he can't just do what he wants and will pick and choose what he can do.
                          Actually I saw on Fox this morning an interview with some knucklehead who said Obama is organizing all this anti-Trump stuff. That Obama has a whole staff working to derail the Trump administration. Really? Does anyone buy that?
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

No, the public protesting is far greater although I don't know that it is temper tantrums but maybe. I would also say there is little doubt that the push against Obama was just as great. I would get emails every day from people with made up crap about Obama or the administration. Hell Trump himself held rallies about Obama not being a citizen and a Muslim and an illegal president. And there were protests about abortion and planned parenthood berating the Obama administration. Mitch McConnell said the day after Obama was elected that the republicans would spend the next four years making sure he was not successful (paraphrasing). But you are right the protests were not as big nor as frequent.
                            Trump brought a lot of this on himself by his words and actions during the campaign. No one can deny that he egged people on with his words and demeanor. He has softened. Where he once said he would move the embassy to Jerusalem and that settlements were Israel's right he now says no move of the embassy and that settlements are conducive to the peace process. Where he once said Japan will pay more for their defense there was not a peep out of him during the PM's visit. Where he once said lock her up he is not. Where he once said he would deport everyone now he is not. The same with his stance on Russia.
                            He let his mouth overload his ass but I think he is smart enough to see now that he can't just do what he wants and will pick and choose what he can do.
                            Actually I saw on Fox this morning an interview with some knucklehead who said Obama is organizing all this anti-Trump stuff. That Obama has a whole staff working to derail the Trump administration. Really? Does anyone buy that?
                            That's pretty outrageous ND, but I'm sure that he loves it! Then again anything is possible with these lying assholes. Ted Cruz was on CNN last week as compassionate as all hell and loving health care after he started his debates saying the very first thing that he would do when he was elected would be to abolish it!!

Comment

No, I think Obama is likely far too busy enjoying a little peace and tranquility to be taking up such a movement right now. At least I woild hope so.

As for Trumps campaign promises...if he does half of what he said, then he will have achieved twice as much as most presidents ever do.

I'm waiting to see how fast he learns the system, and how much he can actually accomplish. I think he had far too much optimism coming in. I think he underestimated his opposition. But as upunsay, he's a smart man. I'm thinking he will be a quick study.

Comment

Working...
                              X