X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you sold on Schwartx?

http://igglesblitz.com/2017/06/better-d-2/
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Yea I would say I am sold. As with the article I don't believe he is Jimmy Johnson but I think he is a solid coach. They certainly need to show improvement this year in order to solidify that. I'm not looking for 'gang green' type play from the D but they need to get off the field on third down and they need to create some turnovers. Everyone knows they need help at corner so coming in at the #7 or #8 D with their corners would be a fantastic improvement.
    The O not giving us three and out every series would help but getting the depth along the DL that they got will go a long way toward keeping them fresh. I'm optimistic so let's see what happens in camp
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I'm wondering. As I said in another post he's better than Davis but who isn't. I like his seemingly no nonsense style but his defenses were very undisciplined in Detroit. Speaking of Detroit I don't think that it was a coincidence that the defense in 2010 improved when DT Suh showed up and had 10 sacks! That's almost unheard of for a DT.

Comment

absolutely. talent helps.
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Last years secondary was god awful but it still took Dallas until OT to beat the Eagles in Dallas. Also, Eagles weren't blown out in any games all last year. Two signs of a coordinator getting the most out of what he's got.

And Matthews fumble lost the Lions game not the defense.

Comment

Speaking of the secondary; while I don't think the CBs are high end by any means I think they will be better than last year. The thing I think important is that Jenkins will not have to move down to cover the lack of CBs. That will make the safety play that much better. It will let Schwartz use the safeties in more complex ways than he could when Jenkins was playing corner.
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
              Last years secondary was god awful but it still took Dallas until OT to beat the Eagles in Dallas. Also, Eagles weren't blown out in any games all last year. Two signs of a coordinator getting the most out of what he's got.

And Matthews fumble lost the Lions game not the defense.
              Maybe WC. That's the positive view anyway. I saw the Dallas game too and I view it as the better team found a way to win and executed better at the end of the game when it counted. The Eagle defense showed up small in a lot of 4th quarters last season. Was it defensive talent, coaching or a combination of both? Probably the latter. In any event Schwartz hasn't shown me that he's a very imaginative coach but I could be all wet there too. I think that he has enough talent to be a top 5 defense this year and if he isn't he's an also ran unless we have a rash of injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Maybe WC. That's the positive view anyway. I saw the Dallas game too and I view it as the better team found a way to win and executed better at the end of the game when it counted. The Eagle defense showed up small in a lot of 4th quarters last season. Was it defensive talent, coaching or a combination of both? Probably the latter. In any event Schwartz hasn't shown me that he's a very imaginative coach but I could be all wet there too. I think that he has enough talent to be a top 5 defense this year and if he isn't he's an also ran unless we have a rash of injuries.
                I'll start to judge these coaches this season. Last year was a pass. They inherited a mess. That they won 7 games is amazing. This year, more talent, probably more cancer cut, and more time for their starting QB to learn the system. Remember he went from probably not playing to being the starter right before the season? Cluster fuck Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  I'll start to judge these coaches this season. Last year was a pass. They inherited a mess. That they won 7 games is amazing. This year, more talent, probably more cancer cut, and more time for their starting QB to learn the system. Remember he went from probably not playing to being the starter right before the season? Cluster fuck Kelly.
                  I agree Ross. I guess that I'm just making conversation here. It all starts July 29 brother!

Comment

I think when Jones is healthy and we have a complete D we will find out for sure, but he has been handicapped by a pile of shit so far. If he can get them to play this year with young , inexperienced CBS, he deserves credit. God we are thin in the back 7 though.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      I think when Jones is healthy and we have a complete D we will find out for sure, but he has been handicapped by a pile of shit so far. If he can get them to play this year with young , inexperienced CBS, he deserves credit. God we are thin in the back 7 though.

That's the thing MM, we really don't know until we see them. Heck, we may be sitting on a couple of great corners and not even know it. Chemistry is huge in a football defense too. How many FAs are great with one team and flame out with another? Let'er rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                        I agree, last year was a pass when you overhaul an offense, a defense, and a coach not to mention the scouting department and a few bad contracts.

However, this year they need to win some games.

Comment

Working...
                        X