I'm probably the most old school guy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm probably the most old school guy here

But WTF is so bad about dunkin a ball over the goal post???

Ezekiel Elliott's 'kettle' jump a penalty despite NFL's relaxed celebration rules
    Aug
    8/4/2017 4:26:20 PM
    | More
    Ezekiel Elliott's jump into a Salvation Army kettle would still draw a penalty this season, even after the NFL's decision in May to relax its celebration rules, Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com reports.

Elliott's spontaneous leap, which came during the Dallas Cowboys' Week 14 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is featured in a video that the league is showing all players and coaches during training camp. The relaxed ruled allow players to use the ball but nothing else as a prop. In the Elliott scenario, the kettle is considered a prop.

ESPN earlier reported that "dunking" the ball over the crossbar after a score will remain illegal because it uses the goal post as a prop
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

These tick tack rules are really too much now.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
      These tick tack rules are really too much now.
      Agreed!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Very simple...... Props are out!!!!

That includes goal posts, Salvation Army buckets and anything else other than the player and the ball. Not hard stuff, IMM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post

That includes goal posts, Salvation Army buckets and anything else other than the player and the ball. Not hard stuff, IMM.
          Sure it's easy for YOU to understand. You haven't had a 250 pound LB crashing into you 20 times a day every week for most of your life!

Comment

I don't care for any celebration. Act like you've been there is the way I was brought up. Spike the fucking thing if you need to feel a rush, turn around and get the fuck off the field. JMO
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I never thought a goal post was a prop. As long as the guy doesn't hump it do whatever the hell you want with it. I've gotten to the point that if one of these guys wants to make a fool of himself go ahead. Most of these guys are morons anyway. If that's the image they want to present live with it. I love the game, not the idiots that play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                Sure it's easy for YOU to understand. You haven't had a 250 pound LB crashing into you 20 times a day every week for most of your life!
                C'mon Juk, guys have been doing it the right way for decades, no props were/are needed.

The last couple of decades the players have changed, they are now all about themselves, just like the rest of society--- it's all about saying ==== "look at me!!!" .

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  I don't care for any celebration. Act like you've been there is the way I was brought up. Spike the fucking thing if you need to feel a rush, turn around and get the fuck off the field. JMO
                  Spot on!
                  Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

C'mon Juk, guys have been doing it the right way for decades, no props were/are needed.

The last couple of decades the players have changed, they are now all about themselves, just like the rest of society--- it's all about saying ==== "look at me!!!" .
                    Agreed, it's all about vanity, what a sad place our society is sinking to!
                    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Oh I totally agree with you MD. My post was more a jab that these idiots act like they have brain damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        Oh I totally agree with you MD. My post was more a jab that these idiots act like they have brain damage.
                        See, you can't sometimes understand context or tone in posts!

How are ya? Sent you an E-Mail,, came back to me, guess I don't have an up to date one.

Comment

Check your PM inbox.

Comment

All this love for this pain in the ass has me spooked.

Comment

Working...
                            X