My annual surprise cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My annual surprise cut

Donnell Pumphrey! He just doesn't appear to be a Joe Douglas prototype to me. I could see if he were some kind of speedster, but at 176 lbs. it would seem to me that you should have more than a 4.48 40 yard dash time to make it in the NFL. It's hard to believe that they used a 4th rounder on him. I don't see how he's going to be plucked off of you PS if they decide to go that route. It doesn't seem very promising for this kid. I'd rather have Barner back.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

they traded up for him because Dallas wanted him with their next pick. At least that was mentioned sometime since the draft. I think the kid has some skills, but to me he looks to be trying to hard and hasn't adjusted to the speed of the NFL. I wouldn't be quick to get rid of him. My surprise cut is Vinny Curry, they are sooooo deep and he is making a lot of money
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      they traded up for him because Dallas wanted him with their next pick. At least that was mentioned sometime since the draft. I think the kid has some skills, but to me he looks to be trying to hard and hasn't adjusted to the speed of the NFL. I wouldn't be quick to get rid of him. My surprise cut is Vinny Curry, they are sooooo deep and he is making a lot of money
      That wouldn't be a surprise-that would be a shock LOL! If anything I suppose he could get traded.

Comment

I like the fact that cuts will be surprises, when you start getting better, good people get the axe
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          I like the fact that cuts will be surprises, when you start getting better, good people get the axe
          Trudat!

Comment

Pumphrey may get the fantom injury of the year. He's not getting cut. Honestly, I'm glad we have the people in place that are making the decisions. Fans make so many knee jerk reactions. Not directed here so much, but some of the FB fan groups I'm a member of....holy fuck. Some guys take longer to develop. We've had 2 fake games. How many fake seasons is Agholor going to be here for?

Comment

I'd be curious to know how he's doing in camp, cuz other than Clement last week against the Bills third stringers, no HB has shown much.

However, trade up or not....I could see him being the victim of too many average HBs and not enough spots.

I do think the kid could make plays if you put him with the 1s in a game that mattered

Only the coaches know. Perhaps it being unlikely to release him and get him back in the PS will get him a spot?

Comment

Working...
              X