X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard

Here is the elbow in question...

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/04/29/h...ed-for-game-6/

Now normally, I am a very rules oriented person, break the rules, prepare for the consequences, however, I did not agree that Amare Stoudemire should have been suspended for leaving the bench(spurs vs suns) and I do not agree should Dwight Howard be suspended for game 6.

Did he throw an elbow during a game? Yes. Did he get a technical? Yes. Should he have been ejected? I don't think so.

I will say, I do not agree with Jeff Van Gundy on Mike and Mike this morning, stating that Howard should not be suspended b/c he is a superstar and the fans want to see the best players and that he feels the Sixers team is taking unfair liberties with their contact on Howard before and after fouls (I guess he is not familiar with 1998-2000 Knicks playoff games)

Per the rules he should be suspended. Obviously the elbow he threw wasn't very hard or Sammy would be dead. But you have to treat everyone equally. Sammy said that if that were him, he'd have been tossed already, which is true. But that only gives the advantage to the Sixers. Losing Howard would hurt the Magic.

I expect him to be suspended for game 6.

The only thing the fans want to see more than a Superstar is a Superstar in Game 7.

Comment

he's out, deservedly so. he clearly looked at dalembert, then threw the elbow.

sixers have a great chance to force game 7.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Do you think the league took into account that he put his own team mate out with those elbows when they decided to suspend him?
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
        X