X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Happy Hour Thread (OT)

Ok, folks....it is that time again!

Happy Friday!!!

What is everyone doing tonight and this weekend....?

Good weekend for sports with the NFL, MLB, US Open all going strong....

I am just about out the door to play a round of golf and then home for pints at, yes I know I am predictable, The Bishop's Collar again....

Black & Tans today....yummmm...
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

I still have some Heineken on tap from last weekend; not my favorite, but I just love having beer on tap in my apartment. So I'll probably finish that off tonight.....Saturday and Sunday will be football, football, and more football.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

How is it possible that a keg lasts that long in college? Something is wrong here.

I will be finishing off a sixer of St Pauli Girl (on sale this week at the corner market)

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
        How is it possible that a keg lasts that long in college? Something is wrong here.
        Because I've been hording it for myself. Just been drinking a couple of Mugs a night.

Edit: wow this was my 1500th post; I'm a Pro Bowler
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Well-

I just got in from my daily duties- A bit early I might add...Tonight I play in front of a couple thousand people- So I can't party to hard But- While we set up I'll have my usaul Myers Rum and Coke on ice... Set up the Guitars and Keys for sound check And while sound checking- have my cup refilled :P - Take a short break to collect ourselves and refill again Then Jam with all the peeps kicking it And have one of those nice fall gigs with a great crowd!
          http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
            Originally posted by sfphillyfan
            Because I've been hording it for myself. Just been drinking a couple of Mugs a night.

Edit: wow this was my 1500th post; I'm a Pro Bowler

Shit.. we really gotta up the requirements for Pro Bowler!

Good going leif.. thanks for being here since the beginning.

Comment

Tonight: Nothing planned yet. Will try to get glimpse of Phils/Marlins.
              Tomorrow: Church Picnic followed by seeing "Invincible" with wife and friend.
              Sunday: After church, PURE FOOTBALL, Eagles/Texans at friend's house. Food already taken care of.

Comment

I have a busy weekend.

A wedding tonight (could do without, but oh well).

Tomorrow starts a bachelor party weekend. Playing Scotland Run starting at 10. First time at the place for almost all of us who are going (15 guys) so we're all pretty excited. Then, hopefully see the end of the RU game in the clubhouse drinking beers. Go over into Philly, and start partying.

Sunday, wake up, and whoever is left, go find a place in Philly to watch the game. Other than Chickie and Pete's anyone recommend a place to go to watch the game where we can fit 8 or so guys around a table in front of a big TV? Thanks ahead of time.

Comment

It's an unseasonably warm/pleasant day here in upstate NY, so it will be Vodka Tonics after I cut the grass.

PSU vs ND tomorrow and I'm just hoping Jo Pa's crew can put a frown on the face of the Smug Mr Weiss. Saranac Ale will ease the pain, should ND prevail, as expected.

Sunday, it's all football all the time unless, by some sinister intervention of the Gods, the Birds lose, in which case I wil be hanging from the maple tree in the front yard!

FLY EAGLES FLY

Comment

Yesterday started a wdownward spiral that will ruin my weekend. Some asshole client sends me an email at 11:00 saying that they need a report I'm working on 1 week early. They need it by 5:00 TODAY!!! (Gee thanks for the advanced notice dickhead!! This is the third time he's pulled some shit like this and caused me to work through the weekend to bail his ass out!! )

I stayed late last night and got most of my stuff finished but now I have to get the frigging engineers to finish their part so i can incorporate it and reformat the whole damned thing over the weekend! Basically I have to have this finished early Monday or we're screwed so I'll spend the weekend working at home. Can't drink while I'm doing this stuff so it's straight Coke for me. I had a talk with my boss yesterday about dropping this client. He's getting close to doing it and when that happens I'll do some real partying!!

OK thanks for letting me vent. Man do I NEED a drink now!!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Last minute requests are such bullshit. At my last job, I made it very clear that they were not acceptable and I wouldn't be doing them.

Plus, most requests resolve themselves after 24 hours anyway.

Comment

We work for a software startup from which an alcoholic beverage "startup" was also spawned, who share some offices here. The VP of Sales is a total hoot, and since he likes me and my buddy from work we decided to head over to this place for lunch:

http://www.blackforestbrewhaus.com/

Which is 2-3 blocks from the shithole industrial office park in which we still work, pending the move to a real building in Jersey City.

Had a classic 3 beer lunch in just under 90 minutes featuring some nice German authentic styles brews on the premeses: opened with the Hefeweizen, went on to the Kolsch summer ale, and finished with the pilsener. Had fried calamari, onion rings, and a blackened tuna sandwich w/ wasabi fries for the food. The rest of this afternoon is hosed, as well it should be:

Comment

Tonight: dinner with the ladyfriend's cousin and her boyfriend.
                          Tomorrow: down to Philly to see my sister and her kids.
                          Sunday: staying in Philly to catch the game with my buddies.

EDIT: Drinking various beverages of the alcoholic variety along the way.

Comment

Working...
                          X