FoxSports Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
    If the Eagles won the Super Bowl, would you rank them anywhere but #1?
    I'd rank the Iggles #1 no matter how good or bad there are.

Now, if I was a respectable writer and I really meant "my 2006 analysis", I would rank them according to what I thought about 2006, and not where they finished the year before.

Ben's performance in the big game and the loss of Bettis knocks the "Robbers" down a notch or two in my book
    Pedro

Comment

Chris is making a good point here, but I'd still go with Pittsburgh for now. $hit, buy week 1, you'll probably have shuffled them anyways. A lot of stuff can happen between now and then. Give it to Pitt now, they deserve it. It's early.

Comment

I'm torn, I admit it.

You win the SB, you should get certain perks-- early rankings as #1, I guess should be part of that---along with you are the best and until somebody else beats you....

On the other side I also know that football is a fluid game and as we all know and I like, the biggest of the "TEAM" sports--- meaning that as individuals change so does that team dynamic. Also the Winners also tend to get fat and happy and don't always play as well the following year.

My bottom line --- As an Eagle Fan... the Iggs are always rated #1.... for a national writer you have to go with who you think improved and weakened themselves-- and who you truly think is going to be the best team this year.

Long story short--- I have no problem with the writer--- AS long as this is what he truly believes and there is no political/personal motivation involved.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
          You win the SB, you should get certain perks-- early rankings as #1, I guess should be part of that---along with you are the best and until somebody else beats you....
          I suppose everyone gets their opinion, but I always thought that Power Rankings were unbiased analysis of who is best RIGHT NOW. If a person doing Power Rankings if giving someone "perks" based on anything other than the quality of the team RIGHT NOW, then it skews the analysis.

I also don't buy that a team is necessarily "the best" until someone beats you. Any NFL team can be beat by even the worst team occasionally. We all hate to admit it, but a lot of things that happen in football are just pure luck - good and bad. Injuries. Bouncing of the ball. Calls by the refs. The best team doesn't always win, and the best team isn't always the one standing at the end.

Comment

To me, the rankings (at this point) do not mean much, considering that there will be a lot of shifting as teams get through training camp, the pre-season games start, and we get to the regular season.

What I did like to see was a so called expert acknowledging the realities of the Eagles capabilities at WR now that Owens has been sent packing.

e people seem to feel the Eagles cannot win without Terrell Owens. But they made it to three straight NFC Championship games without Owens, then made it to a Super Bowl with him sitting on the bench. As long as the other players heal up, the Eagles will be a serious contender.
            This quote reflects the exact point I have been making to all of my friends here in South Texas that are all Boys fans, who are chuckling and commenting about how the Eagles will not go anywhere, because they have no WR of Owens caliber - give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Diehard
              To me, the rankings (at this point) do not mean much, considering that there will be a lot of shifting as teams get through training camp, the pre-season games start, and we get to the regular season.

What I did like to see was a so called expert acknowledging the realities of the Eagles capabilities at WR now that Owens has been sent packing.

e people seem to feel the Eagles cannot win without Terrell Owens. But they made it to three straight NFC Championship games without Owens, then made it to a Super Bowl with him sitting on the bench. As long as the other players heal up, the Eagles will be a serious contender.
              This quote reflects the exact point I have been making to all of my friends here in South Texas that are all Boys fans, who are chuckling and commenting about how the Eagles will not go anywhere, because they have no WR of Owens caliber - give me a break.
              It is truly bizarre to me how many people point to a lack of Owens as the main reason the Eagles will not win. Talk about memory issues! If the Eagles could win games with James Thrash as the #1 receiver, they should be just fine with the receivers they have right now.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal

It is truly bizarre to me how many people point to a lack of Owens as the main reason the Eagles will not win. Talk about memory issues! If the Eagles could win games with James Thrash as the #1 receiver, they should be just fine with the receivers they have right now.
                Totally Agree!

My assessment is that there is an under current of dislike for the Philadelphia (maybe it is the reputation of the fans, or a curse - who knows), but I believe that there is more ready willingnes from other fans and even sports writers to dismiss the Eagles.

My goodness, the Eagles went to four straight NFC championship games (FOUR!!) and only one of them had Owens on the team, and HE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY!

So, I am still waiting for the legitimate rationale that explains how he suddenly became the key to the Eagles success, and without him, they are doomed??

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal

Totally Agree!

My assessment is that there is an under current of dislike for the Philadelphia (maybe it is the reputation of the fans, or a curse - who knows), but I believe that there is more ready willingnes from other fans and even sports writers to dismiss the Eagles.

My goodness, the Eagles went to four straight NFC championship games (FOUR!!) and only one of them had Owens on the team, and HE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY!

So, I am still waiting for the legitimate rationale that explains how he suddenly became the key to the Eagles success, and without him, they are doomed??
                  When I hear any fan, let alone non-football knowing Dullass fans, say dumb ashs crap like that I ask them if they want to talk football or if that is just too difficult for them. I ask if they are a bandwagon jumper or a real football fan. Of course they want to prove they are a real football fan, so they shut their mouths for a moment so I can explain to them who the receivers were when we went to the Superbowl or three other NFCCG's.

Obvioulsy, Dullass fans can't talk real football, so I laugh and tell them I knew they were bandwagon jumpers.
                  Pedro

Comment

...I believe that there is more ready willingnes from other fans and even sports writers to dismiss the Eagles...
                    Like the writer who listed the Eagles as the #2 most overhyped team going into the 2006 season even though it's a rare so-called expert who is even picking the Eagles to win the NFC East, let alone anything else!

Comment

Working...
                    X