Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Misc

Old 06-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
FRESH 
The lesser half...
Hall of Famer

FRESH is on a distinguished road

I'm back from my surgery today. Got the port in my chest, and damn if this F-ing thing don't hurt. I don't have much fat or loose skin on my chest, and the thing feels like it's routed thru my chest muscle(pecs). MF-er! My typing is going to be even wore than norma because I'm only using the left hand. And they told me I can't drink tonite. Bastards.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stevemc has disabled reputation

See - that's where being fat and having bitch tits has its advantages!!!

Only using your left hand? I thought with the cigar club, you could go both ways! You know - amphibious!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Can't drink tonight? I think it's time to switch docters!
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
FRESH 
The lesser half...
Hall of Famer

Just got the call from my Onc. The new plan is a 6 hour dose of chemo on Monday, and then again in 3 weeks. Hard to understand when they were going to dose me daily, and now it is one day, wait three weeks, and then one day again. She said they would be using a different chemo drug for this approach. After that is over, they will begin the chemo and radiation in tandem. I have to go in and met with her to discuss specifics about the changes tomorrow morning. I'm so friggin confused at this point...........
Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
leifdawg
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

leifdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to leifdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESH View Post
Just got the call from my Onc. The new plan is a 6 hour dose of chemo on Monday, and then again in 3 weeks. Hard to understand when they were going to dose me daily, and now it is one day, wait three weeks, and then one day again. She said they would be using a different chemo drug for this approach. After that is over, they will begin the chemo and radiation in tandem. I have to go in and met with her to discuss specifics about the changes tomorrow morning. I'm so friggin confused at this point...........
From what I understand, there are no two case that are exactly alike, so they try different methods and see what works for the individual.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemc View Post
See - that's where being fat and having bitch tits has its advantages!!!

Only using your left hand? I thought with the cigar club, you could go both ways! You know - amphibious!
I heard the Cigar Club recommendation in these situations was: just have em put it in your ass.

also, thanks for joining the thread, Charles Shackleford.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
stevemc 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

stevemc has disabled reputation

High top fade and all bitch!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #18
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Fresh,

So very glad to 'hear' the good news about the lack of spread of the cancer. Was not aware of this thread until today and was a little concerned because I had seen no posts from you on EFO for a few days. Jukin was kind enough to steer me over here. (Ran across him last night in my back yard. The sly dog was trying to steal more women from my stable.)

I think Leslie Nielsen puts it best:

tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #19
FRESH 
The lesser half...
Hall of Famer

Thanks, tino.

Chemo Monday is quicly approaching, and my nerves about the whole thing are getting worse. I read and hear so much about chemo being largely inneffective and being mrore damaging than the disease itself. And that there are better, natural methods of battling cancer out there....make me question whether I am simply a lamb being led to slaughter.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #20
Jukin 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Jukin is on a distinguished road

Fresh, in the last 3 years, both of my in-laws were diagnosed with cancer (prostate and breast cancer) and both underwent chemo and radiation treatments. My Mother-In-Law was also a stage 3 patient and her cancer was considered extremely aggressive. In addition to the chemo and radiation she had 5 different surgeries as well. Both of my in-laws are now 100% cancer-free. (My Mother-In-Law just had a follow up exam this week as a matter of fact.)

The treatments they use now are far more advanced than anything they've ever had before. The success rates are very high. Don't let the crap you read and hear impact you too much against treatment. Sometimes the internet is a horrible idea - particularly when it comes to the medical field. Unplug the computer and let the experts guide you through this stuff. ("Doctor tino - paging Doctor tinopuno to exam room 1" -- ok, maybe we should go with YOUR experts and not the SC ones.... )

Stay off the medical websites - they're a curse when you're sick! When I had my liver problem I was using the wide assortment of medical sites to learn as much as I could about my problem. At one point I was convinced that I either had a tumor or I was pregnant. Luckily I listened to the docs and underwent additional tests and found that the mass on my liver was just a vein cluster. As for the pregnancy, it turns out that I'm just a fat s-o-b!!

Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mike Willey

Last edited by Jukin; 06-17-2011 at 07:59 AM..
Jukin is offline   Reply With Quote