Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Fantasy Football

Old 09-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
Young
Benchwarmer

Young has disabled reputation
Default Wali?

I noticed that Domanick Davis has been placed on the IR so I took a look at their depth chart and noticed that now there is a ROOKIE listed as the starter. He goes by the name of Wali Lundy. I snatched him up in case he does well with the new coach in Houston. I'm interested in hearing what you guys think he will be like this year in Houston even though he's a rookie. How valueable do you see his fantasy value if he were to stay a starter all year long?

-Young
Old 09-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
leifdawg
2011 Contributor
Hall of Famer

leifdawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to leifdawg

The kid is the real deal; I've seen him up close an personal. I played against him and his brothers in high school. If he can get some kind of blocking down in Houston he could be a steal off the waiver wire. He was drafted in the 6th round of draft I was in last night.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

The problem with Wally Lundy is that he plays for Texas. I'd be wary of any skill positions on the houston for FF purposes. Still, a #1RB is a #1RB.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #4
Young
Benchwarmer

And the way I'm thinking is that if he's a starting rookie, he's only going to get better. Since I'm in a keeper league, his value could be through the roof(or through the floor). I figure it's a steal either way because I already have LT, Julius Jones, and Fred Taylor.

-Young
Old 09-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Hate to tell you this but Fred Taylor sucks. I have had him for like 5 straight years and he will be hurt soon.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
Old 09-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
Young
Benchwarmer

Well, I believe that he will have a healthy season(believe it or not). And he won't be splitting carries with Greg Jones either because Greg is out for the year as well.

-Young
Old 09-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young
Well, I believe that he will have a healthy season(believe it or not). And he won't be splitting carries with Greg Jones either because Greg is out for the year as well.

-Young
EVERY single year is the year Fraud Taylor is supposed to be healthy. It just never happens. Complete homer wishful thinking on your part.
:
Old 09-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
Young
Benchwarmer

I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

-Young
Old 09-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #9
milehigh
Benchwarmer

milehigh has disabled reputation

I like Wally Lundy a lot. He is a one cut and go style of runner, and that is the bread and butter of the Broncos offense, which everyone is saying what the Texans will run now that Kubiak is the head honcho. I watched him in preseason and he looked great and reminded me of Terrell Davis back in the day.

As for Fred Taylor, I think it was in 2003 that he didn't get hurt. I had him on the squad and won the championship that year. Fred "the shake" Taylor does have it in him! But I'm sure he'll get hurt this year anyway.
milehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #10
SCREAM
Starter

SCREAM has disabled reputation

Wali's going to split carries with Morency and Dayne. I picked him up (Lundy) in both my money leagues.

Would you start him over the following: Drew Bennett (WR, Tenn) or Deuce McAllister (RB, NO). If so, why?
SCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote