Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Misc

Old 05-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough
Default Is there anybody on this planet that understands these healthcare plans?

I don't believe anybody has ever read these things. Both sides are arguing but how the hell can you believe any of them? I don't even think anybody knows how many pages are in the plan that we have now never mind what's in it!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.b08eef987b8d
Old 05-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

You can not believe anything--- I have been shouting this for years now hoping that others would listen and get the facts themselves. Been saying it about sports as well as all news. The media can not be trusted, politicians can not be trusted.............they all have agendas, other than getting you the truth.

Wanna know about the Health care bill? Couple of things....

1. It isn't anything but a bill at this point--- it will be refined, taken apart and put back together again --- before it is ready to be a law. So don't worry about it just yet, it is not worth losing any sleep over this version,,, it is step one.

2. Of course the main stream media and the Democrats will lie and lie by omission--- because it is related to Trump and Republicans. So they lie, so don't believe what they sling.

3. Of course the Repubs and conservative media will praise it --- it's theirs!

4. If you really need to know what that bill really sez, even though it will be changed, the only way to know is to read it. And I guarantee you almost nobody has..... including the media or the the majority of the Dems and liberals.
They wouldn't cause they don't care --- it just has to be bad.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #3
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

You're right MD but that knife cuts both ways. I listened to a representative from NY (Collins I believe) who said he hasn't read the bill at all. Said his staff does that just like all the others have staff reading it and informing them what is in it. I realize that is how it works; it is impossible (well maybe a slight exaggeration but close to impossible) for these guys to read every bill that they are dealing with. That is why they have committees and staffers. My problem with it that those same rat bastards that busted dem balls fro saying they haven't read the bill now say the same thing the dems did back then. And the dems who didn't read it back then are busting the repub balls now.
Screw em. Get me a viable third party. Not sure that will solve all the ills but I still advocate that these people are in it for themselves.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

NoDak....never ever meant to imply that it didn't cut both ways, I thought #3 sorta covered that.

I agree a third party would be a wonderful idea, actually I kinda feel Trump is sorta that in a way-- The Dems hate him, the Repubs aren't all that crazy about him, he is really NOT a politician, and his policies are fairly centrist when it comes to $$$ and many other issues. Ross Perot was sorta a third winger also I thought.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:17 PM   #5
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Everybody says their should be an "Independent Party". What exactly is that? If you join an independent party you have just given up your independent thinking. And if you had a third party the other two would gang up on it a nothing would get passed.

Washington has gotten so much worse in our lifetime. These guys all at least used to actually live in Washington and they talked and went out to dinner together and worked things out among each other. Now they are scattered all over the country with microphones stuffed in their faces and they sound off following the party line. While increased communication eventually tore the Soviet Union apart sometimes the advances in it come back to bite you in the ass too.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:21 PM   #6
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

60-- not saying an independent party necessarily but if there were two more independent senators the repubs and the dems would have to court them to get their vote. Neither of the parties would have a majority. I will readily admit however that you have to have people of strong conviction because you will have no real friends and everyone would want to tell you they are your friend in order to get your vote. It may in actuality be pie in the sky thinking.
I also agree it has gotten MUCH worse in our lifetime. I attribute a great deal of that to the party hierarchy, the desire for power, and the desire for money.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #7
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakIggle View Post
60-- not saying an independent party necessarily but if there were two more independent senators the repubs and the dems would have to court them to get their vote. Neither of the parties would have a majority. I will readily admit however that you have to have people of strong conviction because you will have no real friends and everyone would want to tell you they are your friend in order to get your vote. It may in actuality be pie in the sky thinking.
I also agree it has gotten MUCH worse in our lifetime. I attribute a great deal of that to the party hierarchy, the desire for power, and the desire for money.
Like a lot of things ND people just want change because the two parties are getting ridiculous. The problem is that nobody really has an answer although yours is one of the best ones I've heard. They would actually have more power than anybody if they got in. I think that Sanders is the only Independent but he's even more left than the Democrats are so I don't think that he counts. A nonpartisan person can't make enough money to run unless you are a billionaire like Trump. I think that he's Independent but realized that he had to join a party to get elected. You have to have cooperation from one party to get anything actually through congress or the senate. I think both parties want him out to tell you the truth. Giving the rich a tax cut wasn't part of his plan but he had to go along with it (I think anyway but I could be wrong there). Thank goodness over half of the people aren't members of any party and are Independent although most are aligned with one party but don't register or really just don't admit it. It's amazing to me that people follow the party line and can't think for themselves on issues.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #8
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

"It's amazing to me that people follow the party line and can't think for themselves on issues."

This is sooooooooooooo true, and I might take a hit from this, but IMM there are many many millions in this country that are just too stupid -- or don't give a shit--- to vote based on policies -- but only politics/labels/and what their parents told them 30 years ago.

Also I get real peeved when I find sooooo many people on vote because of 0ne issue---- not caring about the country in it's entirety. Just their 1 issue. Infuriates me.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #9
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

I see it all the time. People living in the past. They bitch about farmers getting subsidies or wind getting subsidies or (you name it) getting subsidies.
Tell me who isn't sucking on the government teat. Railroads get money, coal gets money, oil gets money, the medical industry gets money, the universities get money, the 'needy' get money, every frigging non profit gets money, ..... Every cat out there wants a subsidy or a grant for their pet project or something. Yet we bitch about this one or that one.

Last edited by NoDakIggle; 05-09-2017 at 07:26 AM..
NoDakIggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #10
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakIggle View Post
I see it all the time. People living in the past. They bitch about farmers getting subsidies or wind getting subsidies or (you name it) getting subsidies.
Tell me who isn't sucking on the government teat. Railroads get money, coal gets money, oil gets money, the medical industry gets money, the universities get money, the 'needy' get money, every frigging non profit gets money, ..... Every cat out there wants a subsidy or a grant for there pet project or something. Yet we bitch about this one or that one.
Hell, we even give friekin NORTH KOREA money!!!