No announcement yet.

# Rumors: Eagles considering Warrick Dunn Insider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the point--- The point is that without any thing to the contrary some would rather worry and get excited and buy into any gibberish that comes along --- rather then approach it as since there isn't any reason to assume other wise, I'll hope Westy comes back and has the best 3 years of his career these next 3 years.

And as of now that is what I'll do, cause frankly I'd rather be positive and hopeful about my team then negative and worried.

Half full --- Half empty.

Until there is something concrete or factual as a basis to decide on---- it really comes down to how you(not you personally) prefer to view your team.

Comment

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of you both on this one. I prefer to take the optimistic approach as MD said above but I've been disappointed so many times it's hard to believe anything anymore. All I know for certain is that Fresh is STILL my hero!
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
        I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of you both on this one. I prefer to take the optimistic approach as MD said above but I've been disappointed so many times it's hard to believe anything anymore. All I know for certain is that Fresh is STILL my hero!
        And that's ok. If you don't mind that fence pole up your butt, then who am I to complain........................ LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Is that what that is? Damn! I was wondering why it hurt when I tried to walk!

Comment

Double check. It might be just a cigar......
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

FWIW-- and yes it's only Spads......

"Brian Westbrook? You probably won't hear anything official on his recovery until Andy Reid addresses the media on July 26 (live on PhiladelphiaEagles.com), but I expect very positive words to come from Reid. Again, I put my trust in head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder, who understands how Westbrook ticks and what needs to be done to get Westbrook's ankle right and ready to go for September 13 in Carolina. Until I know otherwise, I'm going with the idea that Westbrook is coming along well. My experience tells me that if the Eagles felt Westbrook was not progressing, they would have made a move to sign one of the several "name" free agent running backs on the streets. As it stands now, no move is planned as I know it."

Comment

Guess we'll know when they do, or don't sign a guy like Dunn.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Eagles not interested in signing running back

By Bob Brookover
                  Inquirer Staff Writer
                  With Brian Westbrook recovering from ankle surgery and a lot of inexperience behind the star running back, some might wonder if the Eagles should sign one of the veteran running backs still standing in the unemployment line.
                  The Eagles say no.
                  "We're a little inexperienced, but at this point at running back we think we have some real quality people there," Eagles president Joe Banner said yesterday. "We expect that we're going to go into camp and the guys we have are going to put us in a good position to be successful. Running back is one of those positions where younger players can step in and have success."
                  Warrick Dunn and Edgerrin James are among the veteran backs still available.
                  The majority of work at running back during training camp will go to Lorenzo Booker, LeSean McCoy and Kyle Eckel. Banner said the Eagles also view fullback Leonard Weaver as a contributor at running back.
                  Another reason the Eagles aren't in a hurry to add a running back is that they say Westbrook will be ready for the Sept. 13 season opener at Carolina.
                  "We're very optimistic about Westbrook," Banner said. "He's doing great. He's ahead of schedule, but we're still going to be very conservative with him."

Comment

While I would love to share their optimism, truth is they have a running back coming off of significant injury and an injury past (Westy), an inexperienced rook that paticularly if he can't grasp blocking schemes and techniques won't be utilized much (we have seen that with other rooks and RBs) (McCoy), and then we have a guy with little business on the field IMO, in Boooker. We've seen recent miscalculations at returner and FB personnel. So this aparent stamp of approval does little to alleviate my concerns.

But, I've been wrong many times before. Heck, I thought McCants was going to be a stud for us....

Comment

I was going to post the same article earlier today. Then I got to thinking. The Eagles seem to underestimate a position every year. If you remember, the Eagles have been short handed at RB coming out of camp before. Personally, I think they at least need a couple of camp bodies at RB. As far as Westy goes, It sounds like good news so far.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm in agreement with Fresh - I'm nervous about Westy making it through the season - and more importantly through the post season!! - without any injuries. Bucky gave us some experience and was far better than many give him credit for. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being cut by the Broncos. There are more runners on that team than a fraternity house bathroom after an all you can eat taco night. Someone has to go and he very well could be the odd man out - new deal or not.

Comment

Mid-August Return For Westbrook, Abiamiri

Head coach Andy Reid opened his "Welcome to Training Camp" press conference with an injury report and stated that Stacy Andrews and Max Jean-Gilles are scheduled to begin practicing on Monday.

As for Brian Westbrook, he is expected to return in mid-August.

"I thi nk he has a chance to be back by mid-August, and we'll take it from there," Reid said.

The one surprise is that defensive end Victor Abiamiri suffered a strained pec muscle and will also be sidelined until mid-August.

More to come.

- Posted by Chris McPherson, 5:03 p.m., July 26

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                            Mid-August Return For Westbrook, Abiamiri

Head coach Andy Reid opened his "Welcome to Training Camp" press conference with an injury report and stated that Stacy Andrews and Max Jean-Gilles are scheduled to begin practicing on Monday.

As for Brian Westbrook, he is expected to return in mid-August.

"I thi nk he has a chance to be back by mid-August, and we'll take it from there," Reid said.

The one surprise is that defensive end Victor Abiamiri suffered a strained pec muscle and will also be sidelined until mid-August.

More to come.

- Posted by Chris McPherson, 5:03 p.m., July 26
                            Damned pecs. I rip mine all the time. Up until 10 years ago, I didn't know the inury existed. I don't think it did before these guys started juicing like mad.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              Damned pecs. I rip mine all the time. Up until 10 years ago, I didn't know the inury existed. I don't think it did before these guys started juicing like mad.

Knock on wood, I've been lifting for 23yrs and have never done that yet, strained a pec that is. So 60, after you started juicing 10yrs. ago you've noticed more injuries???
                              Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
                              X