Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
    60, the dismissal of our three most talented offensive weapons has been what has dropped MY jaw.
    Three? Djax, Maclin, McCoy and Foles. That's 4 by my count but then again this "new" math confounds me....

Obviously you aren't counting Foles since you weren't a Foles guy but for those of us who were this past 13 months has been more than a jaw dropper. It's nearly dropped me!!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
      Three? Djax, Maclin, McCoy and Foles. That's 4 by my count but then again this "new" math confounds me....

Obviously you aren't counting Foles since you weren't a Foles guy but for those of us who were this past 13 months has been more than a jaw dropper. It's nearly dropped me!!
      It's also why the entire football world is watching the Eagles with such head scratching fever.

I hope his plan works!

Comment

They didn't dismiss Maclin. They wanted him back, but KC simply gave him too much money.

Comment

• Much like Denver giving Dawk too much money, I suppose.

However you want to construe it, we have lost our most talented offensive play makers. One is insignificant. Two is a pattern, three is a trend. Four is.....what the hell is going on here?!?!

IMO, it requires blind faith in Chip Kelly at this point. Lacking that, you have to be somewhere between scratching your head, and pulling your hair out.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            60, the dismissal of our three most talented offensive weapons has been what has dropped MY jaw.
            Yes, I know. But in reality it was only the punk Jackson. They traded McCoy for Alonso and added two stud RBs anyway. Maclin left on his own.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Yes, I know. But in reality it was only the punk Jackson. They traded McCoy for Alonso and added two stud RBs anyway. Maclin left on his own.

60, you can't look at one move by itself. I look at the big picture, and when I look at what we have done to our offensive talent level in the last 14 months, I have to shake my head. I sure hope Chip knows what the hell he is doing.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• The McCoy move doesn't bother me in itself but the fact that we were told that his contract prevented the Eagles from getting another pick from Buffalo in the deal does bother me. When they traded Foles we still had to give up another pick even though Braddford's contract was very high. If we got a third with Alonzo or didn't have to give up the second for Bradford I would have a lot more confidence in Chip as a negotiator. You can't say a big contract impacted our return on one deal and then a big contract we are assuming wasn't a factor in the next deal. Right now we appear to have been fleeced in both trades and it makes me very nervous about what might happen on Thursday night.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

The McCoy move doesn't bother me in itself but the fact that we were told that his contract prevented the Eagles from getting another pick from Buffalo in the deal does bother me. When they traded Foles we still had to give up another pick even though Braddford's contract was very high. If we got a third with Alonzo or didn't have to give up the second for Bradford I would have a lot more confidence in Chip as a negotiator. You can't say a big contract impacted our return on one deal and then a big contract we are assuming wasn't a factor in the next deal. Right now we appear to have been fleeced in both trades and it makes me very nervous about what might happen on Thursday night.
                  Nervous? Why would anybody be nervous after this offseason?

Comment

• Originally posted by jukin View Post
                    the mccoy move doesn't bother me in itself but the fact that we were told that his contract prevented the eagles from getting another pick from buffalo in the deal does bother me. When they traded foles we still had to give up another pick even though braddford's contract was very high. If we got a third with alonzo or didn't have to give up the second for bradford i would have a lot more confidence in chip as a negotiator. You can't say a big contract impacted our return on one deal and then a big contract we are assuming wasn't a factor in the next deal. Right now we appear to have been fleeced in both trades and it makes me very nervous about what might happen on thursday night.
                    qft
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Right now we appear to have been fleeced in both trades and it makes me very nervous about what might happen on Thursday night.
                      We don't yet know whether Kelly is a decent evaluator of talent at the NFL level. But I think we have ample indication that, to date at least, he has been a poor horse trader.

I'm not nervous...I'm more like numb! I like Kelly. I think he's got some ground breaking ideas regarding both offense and conditioning. I don't like the sense I'm getting that we have another 'GM' who's out to prove he's the smartest guy in the room when it comes to personnel moves.

Comment

Well that PUNK Jackson put up some impressive O numbers--- nobody replaced them.... Maclin is also gone, he had pretty good numbers--- they haven't added anybody to make up those numbers --- all they have is a hope for both Matthews and Huff. Maybe they will or maybe they won't but there is still a lot of PROVEN O removed from this team.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to "question" a lot of this off season.

Personally I'm a tad skeptical, and hope that skepticism is removed and replaced by confidence by week 3 or 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                          Well that PUNK Jackson put up some impressive O numbers--- nobody replaced them.... Maclin is also gone, he had pretty good numbers--- they haven't added anybody to make up those numbers --- all they have is a hope for both Matthews and Huff. Maybe they will or maybe they won't but there is still a lot of PROVEN O removed from this team.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to "question" a lot of this off season.

Personally I'm a tad skeptical, and hope that skepticism is removed and replaced by confidence by week 3 or 4.
                          I was just pointing out that Chip didn't blow the whole thing up. Maclin left on his own. But now you can watch your buddy on his own TV show so you won't miss him so much.

Comment

I was just pointing out that Chip didn't blow the whole thing up. Maclin left on his own. But now you can watch your buddy on his own TV show so you won't miss him so much.
                            He is not my "buddy" but he did have talent and he does have talent... and you can clown around all you want but his talent has not been replaced. Where I'll miss him is in the end zone!

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              He is not my "buddy" but he did have talent and he does have talent... and you can clown around all you want but his talent has not been replaced. Where I'll miss him is in the end zone!
                              I miss that too! But I think we'll be OK one way or the other. I hope so anyway. We've got to forget about that little turd!

Comment

I miss that too! But I think we'll be OK one way or the other. I hope so anyway. We've got to forget about that little turd!
                                Cept YOU keep bringing him up!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X