Dallas is heading to Cap hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas is heading to Cap hell.

If this is true the cowboys are going to be in trouble for a long long time!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...s-cowboys/amp/
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

I've heard of this cap hell but I don't know I have ever seen great evidence of it. I do remember a team or two losing a draft or two but that's about it.
    The article made small mention of the thing that I think is most overlooked. If I was Dak I would be happy to take the tenth highest contract, for example, if I got the 4th or 5th most guaranteed money. People (reporters) that concentrate on the average annual salary or the total contract value miss the key point that it is the guaranteed money that makes the cake taste good
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Dak turned down $30 million a year ? If true, WOW.

Thank you Carson for only taking $25.7 a year.

Tom Brady gets it when it comes to his contract. Other QB's would be smart to follow his example.

Comment

I didn't think that Dak was the Greedy type but man was I wrong! He might be the first QB that a franchise might just let walk. He's nothing without Ewok. Of course I never thought that Brees was a greedy bastard either until he held out for an enormous contract that set the franchise back 5 years because he couldn't get by on the franchise tag of $20million 6 years ago. So much for the pictures of what a great family man and other BS that the media was putting out there about him. Same for Flacco after the Ravens won. I guess that JJ doesn't know how to cook the books like Howie does.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          Dak turned down $30 million a year ? If true, WOW.

Thank you Carson for only taking $25.7 a year.

Tom Brady gets it when it comes to his contract. Other QB's would be smart to follow his example.
          Brady “getting it” is also Kraft making contributions to his TB12 organization.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            Brady “getting it” is also Kraft making contributions to his TB12 organization.
            Deon was laughing with some other hosts on the NFL Channel about "property deals" when contracts were discussed on the show last season. There's always a way, especially with a mobster as your boss like DeBartolo.

Comment

So let me get this straight on what might happen:

Dak - 5 years/30 million per
              Zek - 4 years/12 million per
              Cooper - 4 years/12 million per

So 40% of your cap on three guys. And you still have to fit in a couple of those young stud LBs, plus your offensive line that you think is the best in the league.

This is why you don't deal first round picks for WRs.
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                So let me get this straight on what might happen:

Dak - 5 years/30 million per
                Zek - 4 years/12 million per
                Cooper - 4 years/12 million per

So 40% of your cap on three guys. And you still have to fit in a couple of those young stud LBs, plus your offensive line that you think is the best in the league.

This is why you don't deal first round picks for WRs.

AW it is worse than that. Cooper is getting $14 million this year so there is no way he takes less next year. And Dak wants MORE than $30 million per year already offered.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

One would only think that he rejected the offer because he doesn't want to play in Dallas.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I've never bought into Prescott as the solid, grounded team guy and perfect but modest son. I must stipulate that I'm just a bit biased against anyone who plays for Jerry and America's Scum. Prescott strikes me as being much too full of himself and his "leadership qualities" for what he has actually accomplished.

And if he really has turned down a solid offer of $30 mil annually, than he's an even bigger asshole than I thought. We'll likely never learn how much of that $30 is guaranteed and for how many years...unless he relents and agrees to the offer.

He can always fall back on his natural skills as a dramatic actor and make millions as a 'leading man' in Bollywood if the gig in Dallas proves too small for his ego.

In any case, FUCK HIM!

Comment

This Prescott thing is getting ridiculous. I just read that he wants to be the highest paid QB in football at $40 million a year. Good luck douchebag. Actually, I hope the idiot gets it LOL!!

Comment

Good. I also hope he gets it. He came into the NFL with a pretty good rep but I don't think he is helping himself
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

I can't help but think that he declined because of the guaranteed money, voidable years, and other things. It's easy for the Cowboys to say, "it's 30 million a year!" But, that could all be salary that the Cowboys can avoid paying if they cut him. They probably low balled on the guaranteed money.

Comment

we should literally all go troll Cowboys twitter feeds and beg them to sign Dak no matter what. I think he is an average to pretty good NFL QB but not special in anyway. He is basically Trent Dilfer. Please sign him to a $180 5 year deal Jerruh. PLEASE
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                              we should literally all go troll Cowboys twitter feeds and beg them to sign Dak no matter what. I think he is an average to pretty good NFL QB but not special in anyway. He is basically Trent Dilfer. Please sign him to a $180 5 year deal Jerruh. PLEASE

The large majority of posters on Cowboys Zone think both Elliott and Prescott are behaving selfishly and putting themselves before the "team". That said, most think Elliott...as the "top RB in the league"... should be paid and that Prescott is way out over his skis thinking he should be getting top QB money. "Top 15" in QB's is probably the consensus.

Presscott is wearing out his welcome in Big D. I love it!
                              Fuck them all! The long and the short and the tall!

In the mean time, Jerry is preoccupied with having lost his #1 cooze contact under questionable circumstances in a jail cell in NYC.

Comment

Working...
                              X