#1 fan base?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 fan base?

Not sure if this was talked about before, maybe while I was away in AC but here it is.......... FWIW...........

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NFL's Top 10 Fan Bases
    Show Previous Photo 1 of 10 Show Next Photo
    Philadelphia Eagles

Some might call this biased, but the most passionate fans in all of sports are without question Philadelphia Eagles fans. They're cold-blooded and probably give KC a run for their money as being the loudest. They are by far the most knowledgeable fans in the league, and invented the perfect "boo." What cemented Philadelphia fans' reputation as the most amoral, loathsome collection in sports is famously called The Booing of Santa Claus. You would boo and throw snow balls too if Santa came out drunk in a half-done costume. Eagles' fans must deal with sports owners whose actions have not produced a champion in 25 years. The Eagles haven't hoisted a championship flag in 48 years, but the waiting list for season tickets is so long that you could sell out three stadiums full of Eagles fans for games.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?co ... to=8358350

Re: #1 fan base?

Eagles fans are definately the most passionate and knowledgeable. But, are we the best ? I don't know. Certainly, the Philly media is among the worst in the NFL, which promotes a lot of the fan idiocy.

Dallas fans should not be anywhere near the top 10. They have the worst, most bandwagon jumping fans in the NFC east, if not the entire NFL. Just because the Cowboy franchise is the most popular, doesn't mean they have good fans.

I don't like the Redskins. But, I would put their fans somewhere in the top 10 instead of Dallas.

Raider fans ? Pleeeeze. Raider fans are nothing but a freak show dressing up for holloween. They are more interested in being seen than cheering for their team.

I would take out the Raiders and Cowboys from the top 10 and probably replace them with the Redskins and Saints.

Comment

Its not easy being an eagles fan, thats for sure. I will turn 28 in November and in my lifetime the city has won only one championship and that is before I can remember. It can be tough and frustrating at times but never once have I ever thought about switching allegiances to another team. It just wouldn't be the same. There is a connection that I have with the teams from this city that goes deep inside. I can't even imagine what it will feel like when the day finally comes when the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, or Flyers finally bring home a championship. I am sure that fans of other teams feel the same way so it is extremely difficult to compare entire fanbases in a list such as this one. When it comes to the Raiders and the Cowboys and even the Steelers to a lesser extent, I can't see how some have the same connection as I do with my teams. The guy who is a Cowboy, Yankee, Lakers, Red Wings fan all at once just can't have the same feeling that I have, they just can't.
      Let's go Birds

Comment

I'm a little confused, a national media outlet does one of their esoteric lists and correctly chooses Philadelphia as the place with the most passionate fans and people on this board (ALL Philadelphia sports fans) disagree with this? What in the hell is going on???

Of course we deserve to be called the most passionate and knowledgeable fans, we have spent years pouring are hearts out during the seasons for every team in Philadelphia and we have constantly been disappointed, yet, every year we return with the same hope that THIS year will be different. And, its our devotion that compels us to analyze to the most minute detail why we lost and then to "stew" about it until the first game of the next season and then the cycle begins--- yet, again.

Comment

Well said WC, but how can you take the list seriously when they have Raider fans as #3?

I think Redskins, Jets, Seahawks (even the Giants) should be on the list before the Raiders.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I wasn't disagreeing, I was saying its hard to make a list comparing fans of different organizations. But I totally agree that we deserve credit for not giving up on our teams. As far as I am concerned, Philly fans are definitely among the most passionate of them all.
            Let's go Birds

Comment

If you are talking about the people who actually go to the games as the most knowledgeable, I strongly disagree. It amazes me what comes out of peoples mouths when I go. And then listen to WIP, and throw your hands up in the air. I don't go along with this one.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

60, you need to check out some other teams' fans. Talk about clueless. We have our share of idiots by by and large Eagles fans are very dedicated and knowledgeable about their team. Heck, at least they know who is ON their team beyone the quarterback!!! Do some polling. See how many other team's fans have a clue who their second string OL are.......
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                  60, you need to check out some other teams' fans. Talk about clueless. We have our share of idiots by by and large Eagles fans are very dedicated and knowledgeable about their team. Heck, at least they know who is ON their team beyone the quarterback!!! Do some polling. See how many other team's fans have a clue who their second string OL are.......
                  Don't take it personal Fresh-I didn't mean you! I do find it funny though that every sports team in America claims to have "the most knowledgable fans" though.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Oh, I'm not taking it personal. I just think we are actually rather spoiled by having fellow fans to talk to that actually know something about our team. When I get into conversations with other fans who say, "I'm a Bucs fan!" Or "I'm a Skins fan!", etc, when you start actually probing them for some in-depth info about their team, you find out they are clueless. .... Must just like the colors of the unis..LOL!
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'm not sure the premise is so good, it is tough to measure. I know some Viking fans who are as knowledgeable about their team and the NFL as anyone I ahve ever met. And I know some bird fans who boo just to show how tough they are. Hell look at some of the other boards and you can find as many real nitwits as you can take.
                      But by and large I guess I would have to agree there an awful lot of bird fans who are passionate and knowledgeable. Personally, when I listen to Troy Aikman talk I think he sees some of that and wishes he had a fan base like the Eagle fanbase when he was playing.
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X