The Fresh is gonna kick this thing right in the ass thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only update I can give.....
    Never got a call from my doc today. susi saw where they had posted, on the Moffitt patient portal online, a scheduled radiology exam for me for April 30 th. I later got a call from a lady in Moffitt scheduling . She asked me if she could schedule a meeting with my doc for April 30 th.

I asked her why, what for? I told her that we noticed that I had been scheduled for another scan. She asked me if I had gotten a call from my docs office. I said no, I have not. She then tells me that someone should have called me ahead of her to talk to me..........

Ummm, yeah.

So she tells me that she will notify my doctors office that I was still awaiting a call.

Still no call.

Maybe Monday? Gonna be a heavy drinking weekend, huh?
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Sounds a little ominous FRESH but try not to out think it. Enjoy the weekend, get out for some fresh air and a ride in the ride and then see what happens on Monday. Of course a nice glass of vino or two makes the weekend a little more enjoyable.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

• We were able to pull up the radiology report this morning. It appears that the three known tumors had not changed all that much, but there are two new areas of concern. Two new tumors, they believe. I guess I understand why they are doing a follow up scan in 5 weeks. But, if this is really new cancer growth, I hate losing time and delaying the fight. My breathing is already poor, and the larger they get, the more difficult it will be for me to function.

I guess the best I can hope for right now is that I don't drop off too much by that time, and that they will let me back on the drug trial. That is not a given. Money is involved, you know? I may get a call on Monday to explain things to me, but I think I already have the picture.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          We were able to pull up the radiology report this morning. It appears that the three known tumors had not changed all that much, but there are two new areas of concern. Two new tumors, they believe. I guess I understand why they are doing a follow up scan in 5 weeks. But, if this is really new cancer growth, I hate losing time and delaying the fight. My breathing is already poor, and the larger they get, the more difficult it will be for me to function.

I guess the best I can hope for right now is that I don't drop off too much by that time, and that they will let me back on the drug trial. That is not a given. Money is involved, you know? I may get a call on Monday to explain things to me, but I think I already have the picture.
          Thanks again Mike. I'm just wondering if there is any chance that they can start you back on the drug on Monday after you see your doc?
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• No. I heard from my doc. They are wanting to do a follow up scan on Apil 30 to verify everything. Se if the same lesions show up, or if they have gotten larger, etc. I don't have any say in the matter. I'm going to just try and put it out of my mind until then.

Going to Sedona in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm goin to focus on THAT.

Comment

No. I heard from my doc. They are wanting to do a follow up scan on Apil 30 to verify everything. Se if the same lesions show up, or if they have gotten larger, etc. I don't have any say in the matter. I'm going to just try and put it out of my mind until then.

Going to Sedona in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm goin to focus on THAT.
              Well that sounds like a good plan then!

Comment

• Good thoughts and prayers your way Fresh!
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Thank you, AW. I feel like I am in the crosshairs again. I've had a nice break for a year now. Lung cancer is a persistent MFer. I have never felt safe. It just goes on and on........and I know eventually the cancer will win. But I am gearing up for another round. Just let me fight. Give me a chance.

Comment

• I gotta say Mike you're attitude is fucking awesome!!! I hope in the time between now and the next scan your body recognizes the new threat and beats it down. Sounds like it's done that with the existing tumors. Now your immune system needs to learn to recognize the new stuff and get to work. Over the past 6 months or so I've been studying some Eastern Philosophy as it relates to mediation. It's pretty amazing what a positive attitude and focus can do. Try to stay positive and focus on feeling your soul inside your body. It will calm you and keep you in the right spirit. As always, we're all here for you if you need us bud!!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Funny that you mention that, Juk. A girl that I dated many years ago just asked me to come out to Albuquerque to have an ayurvedic assessment done. ( I had to look up that term, as I had no idea what she was talking about) . She has also been sending me videos on Pranayama.

I guess I am a more mundane individual as I haven't gotten into too much Eastern stuff. But I have been trying some things here and there. I do definitely subscribe to the philosopy of low stress, and a positive attitude. I believe it helps.....but I KNOW it doesn't hurt.

I guess that is why I am looking forward to heading out to Sedona shortly. I know that it will be good for my head and my heart.

Comment

• Hey Mike,

I hope Sedona is treating you and Susie well!

Comment

• Thanks Mike. We are flying back tomorrow morning. We have had a terrific visit with y pal Led out here in Phoenix. Spent a lot of time up in Sedona, which is simply therapeutic for me. We get home Monday, and then Wednesday night my buddy Neil flies into orlando to stay with us for ten days. I've got some support around me. He will be with us when we go back to Moffitt on the 30th. I asked God for strength, and he sends my friends running. Pretty cool.

We are getting ready to go to church here in Anthem, AZ. Led had a church he found out here which is really a great little community/ service. We went last Sunday, and I am looking forward to attending the service this morning again. The "message" they are on right now has to do with putting your past/ pain behind you and looking forward to what God has in your future. Again, good timing, huh?
                          Last edited by FRESH; 04-19-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mike. We are flying back tomorrow morning. We have had a terrific visit with y pal Led out here in Phoenix. Spent a lot of time up in Sedona, which is simply therapeutic for me. We get home Monday, and then Wednesday night my buddy Neil flies into orlando to stay with us for ten days. I've got some support around me. He will be with us when we go back to Moffitt on the 30th. I asked God for strength, and he sends my friends running. Pretty cool.

We are getting ready to go to church here in Anthem, AZ. Led had a church he found out here which is really a great little community/ service. We went last Sunday, and I am looking forward to attending the service this morning again. The "message" they are on right now has to do with putting your past/ pain behind you and looking forward to what God has in your future. Again, good timing, huh?
                            Great timing, but that meeting is a long time off Bud!

Comment

• Good Lord willing, you are right! But the opportunity for change and "new things" comes every day. I am happy to just look forward, and never back. It's a good message, no matter what your situation.

I'm back home in Florida this morning, and dealing with the jet lag.....movin a bit slow. Part of that is the time difference.....and part of it is probably the 3 pounds in beer weight I picked up last week.

Comment

• You all might have seen a report on ABC last night which discussed Keytruda, a version of the drug that I have been on for lung cancer. It appears that Merck, or Bristol Myers may soon receive FDA approval for use in fighting lung cancer. The drug I was on was produced by Aztra Zeneca,but is a similar approach.

Also, I talked with my trial coordinator this evening. I strongly suspect that I will be put back on the trial after my upcoming scan on the 30th. Hopefully not, but I feel I have been declining. Regardless, she informed me that the drug sponsor confirmed that I could go to the higher dosage if I am re admitted . That made me happy. It's ten time the dosage level I received previously.

Comment

Working...
                                X