X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN comes clean

Eric Neel of espn.com writes...

I am wrong
    The night I got married my friend Fred took me aside for some words of advice. "Listen," he said. "There are going to be times when you are absolutely certain you are right. There are going to be times when you believe, deep down in your heart, that she's wrong. But I swear to you, if you never listen to another thing I say, listen to this: You are wrong. She is right. And you are wrong. Say it. Say it right now. Say, 'I am wrong. I am very wrong.' Remember what I say. There will be nights where it will be your only shot at redemption. It will save your marriage. It will save your life."

I thought about what Fred said when I was watching the Cardinals dismantle the Cubs at Wrigley Tuesday afternoon, rallying from that 8-2 deficit. I saw Albert Pujols yank so many pitches over the wall I thought I was watching a tape loop, and I thought, Fred was right. So I'm going to say it right now. I am wrong. I am wrong to have doubted the Cardinals. I am wrong, very wrong, to have thought the Cubs could hang with this team. I am wrong, very, very wrong to have said that Houston even belonged in the same conversation with this team.

The Cardinals are right. Right as rain. Right as a rail, riding straight through to the playoffs.

And you want to know where I'll be on the Cardinals from here on out? Right in front of the television, saying "I am wrong," over and over and over again, like a mantra, like a desperate plea for forgiveness.

Now, if only all the other "experts" who were swingin' on the nuts of the Cubs and the 'Stros would come clean, and admit they don't know a fucking thing.

Okay, I'm done.

Cards rule.
    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.
Working...
X