Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 PM   #11
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

I know I would feel the same way if it were men acting this way! This for me is not a man women thing just a class and respect thing and a golden rule type thing.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #12
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
I know I would feel the same way if it were men acting this way! This for me is not a man women thing just a class and respect thing and a golden rule type thing.
Conducting yourself with class left sports about 40 years ago when Elmo Wright started dancing in the end zone for KC. Deon brought it to another level and trash talking soon followed. It sounds like the women have jumped into the act too. When that beast of a women who took her jersey off when she scored the winner for the USA's first World Cup years ago that did it for me.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:28 PM   #13
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

60 I agree--- but this goes beyond the end zone stuff and the like. This stuff is actually done to demean an opponent, all taking place on the world stage. It's ugly!!
Old 07-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #14
Rossovich 
2013 Contributor
Pro Bowler

Rossovich has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Rossovich

Act like you’ve been there before. That advice is long gone in the “look at me” world.
Rossovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #15
FearTheDawk
Veteran

FearTheDawk has disabled reputation

Just to play devil's advocate (and, of course, stir the s**tpot )...
Yes, they ran up the score on Thailand. BUT...goals for/against is the first tiebreaker in the group stage, so I can understand wanting to get a few extra goals in the "for"column.

PS-- The Tour De France starts tomorrow. If you want to see some INCREDIBLE athletes, tune in for the "hillclimbing" stages where they bike UP the Alps and Pyrenees mountains.

Last edited by FearTheDawk; 07-05-2019 at 05:44 PM..
FearTheDawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #16
Rossovich 
2013 Contributor
Pro Bowler

Rossovich has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Rossovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheDawk View Post
Yes, they ran up the score on Thailand. BUT...goals for/against is the first tiebreaker in the group stage, so I can understand wanting to get a few extra goals in the "for"column.
No problem with that. Thailand should have played better if they didn’t want to be humiliated.
Rossovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #17
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheDawk View Post

PS-- The Tour De France starts tomorrow. If you want to see some INCREDIBLE athletes, tune in for the "hillclimbing" stages where they bike UP the Alps and Pyrenees mountains.
Understand but still doesn’t require the type of celebration they put on. And if that was their only transgression I would just shrug it off..... but it has been a pattern of arrogance IMM.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:34 PM   #18
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

Personally, I haven't watched a minute but the only coverage I have seen that I didn't like was the celebrations after scoring 13 against Thailand. Much like flipping that bat and pointing at the pitcher when you are up by 13. Having said that I will acknowledge that it might have been the fifth string divot digger who will only see 30 seconds of playing time in the WC so maybe she celebrated for a reason. But I doubt it. The only other questionable conduct was the sipping of tea in front of the Brits when they scored the winning goal. Certainly no worse than TO running the football and putting on the midfield Dallas star.
My guess is the majority of Americans who take offense to the women, not anyone here mind you, are offended because of their political persuasion and lifestyle choice.
And I can never rally against Americans in any endeavor.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #19
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

andrewaters will become famous soon enough

Agreed actually. I am rooting for a loss. I’m not watching but many of these women seem
Like insufferable cunts..
Old 07-06-2019, 06:47 PM   #20
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

I watched about 20 minutes of the Sweden vs GB game this afternoon (heck, it was a steambath outside up here). The Swedes didn't even need uniforms because they all had long blond ponytails.