Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 07-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #21
Eaglebreath
Pro Bowler

Eaglebreath has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheDawk View Post
Just to play devil's advocate (and, of course, stir the s**tpot )...
Yes, they ran up the score on Thailand. BUT...goals for/against is the first tiebreaker in the group stage, so I can understand wanting to get a few extra goals in the "for"column.

PS-- The Tour De France starts tomorrow. If you want to see some INCREDIBLE athletes, tune in for the "hillclimbing" stages where they bike UP the Alps and Pyrenees mountains.
I don't have a problem with running up the score. I get that. But, I do have a problem with over the top celebrating while you are doing it. Like I said, show some dignity.
Eaglebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #22
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Judging by the officiating that's going on today I'd say that the refs agree with MD and want the US to lose. As far as winning the game they may not be a likeable team but I'm sure not going to route against the US. On top of that Alex Morgan who did the teacup thing is pretty darned hot!

This sport would be a heck of a lot better without that stupid offside rule.

Last edited by Eagle60; 07-07-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Eagle60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #23
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Well, they won 2 zip---- I love it when the USA wins anything--- but this win I will not celebrate. Hopefully, this is the last time I ever hear about these arrogant brats--- but I'm sure it won't be.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:47 PM   #24
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

I'm 'old school' and have never liked people or teams that talked shit and showed up opponents. You fight like hell and offer no quarter between the lines but you show grace in victory and dignity in defeat.

Putting aside all the other considerations of arrogance, show boating, political chatter, humiliating a much weaker opponent etc etc vs always pulling for the home team no matter what, to me it all comes down to one overriding reason not to like this team.

They have no tits. Seriously, they have NO FUCKING TITS. What's a dirty old man like me supposed to watch? Couldn't they just take one person built like Kate Upton or Sofia Vergara, coach her up real good so she's not a gross liability, and then let undulate up and down the field a bit.

Is that too much to ask?

(Apologies to Chickyoung if you're watching. The Devil made me do it)
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:04 PM   #25
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post
I'm 'old school' and have never liked people or teams that talked shit and showed up opponents. You fight like hell and offer no quarter between the lines but you show grace in victory and dignity in defeat.

Putting aside all the other considerations of arrogance, show boating, political chatter, humiliating a much weaker opponent etc etc vs always pulling for the home team no matter what, to me it all comes down to one overriding reason not to like this team.

They have no tits. Seriously, they have NO FUCKING TITS. What's a dirty old man like me supposed to watch? Couldn't they just take one person built like Kate Upton or Sofia Vergara, coach her up real good so she's not a gross liability, and then let undulate up and down the field a bit.

Is that too much to ask?

(Apologies to Chickyoung if you're watching. The Devil made me do it)

I think that if you had a roll in the hay with Alex that you'd find enough to play with that the A Cups wouldn't bother you.

http://alexmorgansoccer.com/photos-a...swimsuit-2014/
Old 07-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #26
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
I think that if you had a roll in the hay with Alex that you'd find enough to play with that the A Cups wouldn't bother you.

http://alexmorgansoccer.com/photos-all/sports-illustrated-swimsuit-
2014/

I didn't suggest getting rid of the rest of the team...just adding a player.

Alex definitely stays!
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:22 PM   #27
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post

http://alexmorgansoccer.com/photos-a...swimsuit-2014/
The body paint swimsuit pic shows you the extent of those A cups. Probably isn't easy to find a suit with a top that would fit those
Old 07-07-2019, 10:09 PM   #28
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

No problem. You can always buy boobs but you can't buy that face or body. She's gorgeous.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #29
Vet Turf
Pro Bowler

Vet Turf has disabled reputation

TBH I think you guys have a double standard here. They play hard, don't snipe at each other and get paid a fraction of what the men's team gets yet has 10x the success.

Running the score up? Celebrate goals a bit too much? Sure, but the margin of victory counts during the group stage and does anyone get upset when the US men's olympic team is dunking all over some 3rd world nation and tripling their score?

Rapinoe is outspoken and I don't agree with her poking the bear when she doesn't need to but that is one voice of many.

Given the raw deal that women's soccer gets, they should have a chip on their shoulder.

Congrats to them!

Just my two cents.
Vet Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #30
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Vet, I appreciate your POV. IMM, I would have the same feelings, men or women, my expectations for comportment do not have a double standard.

As for the money and the asides---- they knew this going in, don't like it, don't do it.

And the "arrogance" shown has nothing to do with imbalances and disparities that probably are true..... but that is not the way to get them fixed. IMHO.

FWIW and BTW---- their celebration yesterday just added to my dislike for this group--- They decide to drop the flag on the ground so they could do another showboating "gag". Yes I know it wasn't probably on purpose but IMM it just shows how arrogant and egocentric they are.

I just don't like them or their behaviors--- they are great soccer players just not very good people, IMM.

Last edited by MDFAN; 07-08-2019 at 10:36 AM..
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote