Napolitano??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napolitano??

I read him and agree with a great many of his takes. He hits on a number here

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-powerfully-a/
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

NoDak
    I too like judge Nap although I don’t always agree with him. I wish Donald Trump were not President but Hillary was just an awful choice. And most, if not all, of the other choices weren’t much better.

The one thing these people appear to be experts at is getting re-elected. And both sides then dig in and work with the established and unelected apparatus of gov to continue to slowly infringe on our liberties. Their entire goal is to make us, or at least a large chunk of us, into an unaccountable and helpless group of takers that will become a reliable voting block.

I hope a fresh face could emerge and run in 2020. But who would that person be? I don’t think Liz Warren, Cory Booker, or Kamala Harris will do much to help average Americans nor do I think that Romney, McCain or Jen Bush would have.

My hope for Trump all along is he jams himself into the out of control gears of gov and blows it all up, exposing its worst features and people in the process. And to a degree he is doing that in my mind. And they don’t like it. He is out of control yes but I’m ok with a certain amount of recklessness and destruction to hopefully stop or divert this runaway train.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I agree on just about all points AW. Everyone wants to tout ICE as great American heroes but forget that the Immigration Service and Border Patrol (Before they and Customs were joined as a service) were the ones that failed to track down people who overstayed VISAs and entered illegally 30-40 years ago. LONG before sanctuary cities. Might not have these problems if we handled it then.
      None of those you name would help at all. Problem is if dems win their hate for repubs would drive them to retaliate for everything just as the repubs are doing now to the dems for Harry Reid years.
      A constitutional crisis would be devastating and we would have to pray we come out of it but it is almost the only thing that can blow up the power/money hold that Washington insiders have. I don't disagree with the majority of Trump's takes but my one consolation is maybe Trump would be collateral damage and go to jail for the criminal that he is and has been.
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

"Ultimately, we are responsible for the folks we have elected and the things they have done, whether secretive, hypocritical or in our faces. Ultimately, we have the government we deserve. Will we change this before it is too late?"

And just how do we change the corruptness of Washington? Nice article but good luck with that. My take from that piece was we're porked.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yea 60. Too much power and too much money. Blow up those two parties is the answer in my mind but not sure how you can do that. If people have reasonable choices that aren't in the big two or vote for the one who is willing to buck their party you might make a dent
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Working...
          X