Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I can say is

FUCK!

I don't mind losing to a better team like the Rangers or Pens but the Devils are not a better team.

What the fuck happened?!

They were pretty much dead, at least they had some momentum early on,but Bryz took all the air outta their sails in one swift boneheaded play.Flyers took a shit,Phillies took a shit and the 6ers are in the process of dropping their drawers. What a night!
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
      FUCK!

I don't mind losing to a better team like the Rangers or Pens but the Devils are not a better team.

What the fuck happened?!
      I would not rather lose to the Pens.

Comment

Devils took what the Flyers usually do to other teams -- use a hard forecheck to dominate puck possession in the offensive zone -- and did it to them. Flyers just had no answer. Their d-men were tired and couldn't get the puck out of the zone. When they did, the forwards could never get anything established in the Devil zone.

I have to tip my cap here. Flyers ran out of gas, relying so heavily on rookies and being down several key d-men. But the Devils just took it to them.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I've said in another thread, that the Flyers have a more talented roster than the Devils. The difference was in the coaching and execution. The Aggressive forecheck completely disrupted the Flyers. They never adjusted. I don't know if it was coaching or just simply the Devils wanting it more.

The better TEAM won this series. The bad play by bryz was deflating but was not the endi of the world. He played well enough for the Flyers to win this series. It was the rest of the team that shat the bed.

It is quite a contrast with the first series which was very emotional, barbs in the press, actual hatred. The Devils ignored all that and simply executed their gameplan. If the Devils came in here, whined about cheap shots, etc, I bet the Flyers would have reacted differently and it may have been a very different outcome. The Flyers were flying on emotion but this series didn't have any and it came down to exploiting weaknesses with strengths, and they lost.

Comment

Working...
          X