Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades

Cole obviously helped the cause, but Howard is hitting opposite field HRs recently and when he does that, he normally hits for a spell. Frenchy has been good as of late and Revere has been consistent. Utley being on the DL prior to sucking all season isn't much help. So who do you think will go first and will Rube get butt f#@ked without lube once again or will the restructured FO actually hit paydirt ?
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Originally posted by musicman View Post
    Cole obviously helped the cause, but Howard is hitting opposite field HRs recently and when he does that, he normally hits for a spell. Frenchy has been good as of late and Revere has been consistent. Utley being on the DL prior to sucking all season isn't much help. So who do you think will go first and will Rube get butt f#@ked without lube once again or will the restructured FO actually hit paydirt ?
    Left to arrange trades on his own, I believe there is little question but that Amaro would somehow shit the bed. Like the scorpion who stings the frog that is carrying him across the river, 'He can't help himself, it's in his nature.' It's what he does!

It's is to be hoped that MacPhail has enough duct tape available to him to give Rube the full Jerry Lewis 'wrap' that Robert DiNiro did in "The King Of Comedy".

Comment

My guess is Papelbon goes first. I'd like to see them all go except Hamels but reality is that he is the cherry on top of this sundae. I just hope if they send him somewhere it doesn't cause office gridlock and stop all other trade activity. If we lose Hamels we better lose some of the dead weight even if it just brings a wing and a prayer back to the Phils.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Cueto to the Royals!! Room on the wagon again this year guys. The Boys in Blue play the game the right way.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

There goes Papelbon. Never did warm to him but he put up numbers. Don't know anything about the prospect they picked up. He was the Nats #12 prospect so I don't think there had to be a lot of concern on the Nats part
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Call the cops....Amaro raped!

Comment

While it seems like a par for the course with the Phils getting quantity over quality, I think this deal will turn out better than the Curt Schilling or Cliff Lee deals of the past. We took on salary to get the extra prospects. This stocks an already on the mend minor leagues for us. Williams and Alfaro could both be key pieces down the road but both are gambles. Thompson is the real key in this deal. He could be a #2 for us down the road. The other pitchers (save Harrison) will be back-end of the rotation and/or reliever types which is fine. They don't save as much as I hoped in this deal but they essentially paid to get prospects by taking the albatross of Harrison's deal back. It still frees up $ for the future. 3 of these guys will be in our top 10 prospects now.

Comment

Certainly much better deal then the Papplebon deal.

Still hate to see Cole go.... and wish him nothing but the best.

Glad to see Papplebon go---- just wish he went to San Diego, or Seattle or Alaska.

Comment

everyone (experts) saying we did well, great upside, time will tell, etc. We're fucked!
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Sorta depends on what they do with the money they unloaded and at least one of these guys makes the bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      everyone (experts) saying we did well, great upside, time will tell, etc. We're fucked!

I know absolutely NOTHING about these 3 young propects. But unless Amaro was totally opposed to the deal, I'm inclined to agree with your final comment.

It kinda reminds me of the young guy who comes upon a man who is repeatedly beating his head against a brick wall.
                      The young guy says to the man, "Why the hell are you doing that?"
                      And the man says. "Cause it feels so good when I stop."

As Phillies fans we're fucked because we can't EVER stop!

(I'm only half serious)

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                        I know absolutely NOTHING about these 3 young propects. But unless Amaro was totally opposed to the deal, I'm inclined to agree with your final comment.

It kinda reminds me of the young guy who comes upon a man who is repeatedly beating his head against a brick wall.
                        The young guy says to the man, "Why the hell are you doing that?"
                        And the man says. "Cause it feels so good when I stop."

As Phillies fans we're fucked because we can't EVER stop!

(I'm only half serious)
                        as long as Rube had his slimey mits in this deal, I can't imagine anything productive will come from it.

Comment

Even though Amaro is still the guy and the new guy is still the new guy until the season ends I really believe someone talked to him and asked his opinion. Not that it would change but my guess is someone had to ask him what he thought
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

IF these guys pan out, they kicked ass. Time will tell. I have a hard time believing they got 2 pitching prospects for Revere . A singles hitting no walking lead off hitter with no arm . Great trade

Comment

Working...
                            X