No announcement yet.

The about to be 4-9 Game Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think one problem Fresh is that the performance yesterday might have hurt us in the long run. If we were 8-5, it's a whole different story.

When Andy Reid is giving you high blood pressure next year calling his last timeout with 9 mins to go in the 4th quarter, how is this win gonna taste? Or Juan Castillo looking perplexed after blowing his 8th 4th quarter lead.

In and of itself, it was a nice win. Big picture thinking, we'll see.
    Last edited by sfphillyfan; 12-12-2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• I think Castillo's ticket is already bought heading out of Philly. Reid, I am not so sure of. Long term this win will mean nothing other than a lower draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewaters View Post

but we decided when VY opened his fat pie hole and said Dream Team...that's when the season ended.
        That's exactly what I thought at the time when that pandering moron opened his stupid mouth.

Superficially at least, everything seemed to be falling the Birds' way. Then Shit-For-Brains tries to ingratiate himself with his new mates and blurts out 'Dream Team'. And in one fell swoop, seals the teams fate and make the Birds season long mock fodder for all the lame fucks in the sports media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
          I think Castillo's ticket is already bought heading out of Philly. Reid, I am not so sure of. Long term this win will mean nothing other than a lower draft pick.
          This will never happen, but I've always thought they should re-arrange the draft order so that it's all of the play-off teams get the worst picks (as they do today), and then give the top draft picks to the best teams that did NOT make the play-offs. That would make teams keep fighting until the end to put the best product on the field each week.

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
            This will never happen, but I've always thought they should re-arrange the draft order so that it's all of the play-off teams get the worst picks (as they do today), and then give the top draft picks to the best teams that did NOT make the play-offs. That would make teams keep fighting until the end to put the best product on the field each week.

Winner. Seriously. I love this idea but of course it will never happen. Can you imagine the drama of trying to earn something as valuable as the top draft pick by ... get this ... winning games? I get the parity thing, but this would be much more exciting. If even for just round 1.

Actually ... all that needs to happen is someone would need to show the NFL that doing something like this would make them money. I wonder if you could argue TV ratings would increase if teams actually had somethign at stake. Only problem i'm realizing now is that you don't get a "free" opportunity to see how young guys would do after your team is eliminated.
            Last edited by fly; 12-12-2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
              Or something like:

20 teams don't make the playoffs right?

Split them into groups of 5. Best record in each group gets the best pick in that group.

So the last 5 teams would be
              Rams / Colts / Vikings / Dolphins / Browns

Instead of the Colts getting the #1 pick, the Dolphins would.

Then the next 5 teams, the best of those would get the #6 pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                Or something like:

20 teams don't make the playoffs right?

Split them into groups of 5. Best record in each group gets the best pick in that group.

So the last 5 teams would be
                Rams / Colts / Vikings / Dolphins / Browns

Instead of the Colts getting the #1 pick, the Dolphins would.

Then the next 5 teams, the best of those would get the #6 pick.
                Sure, that would work too. Anything that would keep teams from having less incentive to win, and more importantly, anything that would keep fans like us interested in seeing our team win games more than we want them to lose games.

The downside, as Fly pointed out, is that you'd be hesitant to play your young players to prep them for the future or to see what you got, but that in itself would generate fan interest and get people talking. That would be the new debate without a right or wrong answer - do you play your rookies to give them experience now that you're out of it, or do you keep fighting for the better draft pick?

Comment

• well if you're 2-12, your veterans probably aren't that much better than your rookies. So you might as well play the rooks.

Comment

Working...
                  X