Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hasn't Jacksonville had enough problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasn't Jacksonville had enough problems?

Jaguars to interview Chip Kelly for OC position

Former Eagles and 49ers head coach Chip Kelly is among the candidates being considered for the Jaguars offensive coordinator position, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports via Conor Orr of NFL.com. The news was first reported by 1010XL in Jacksonville. Rapoport noted that Nathaniel Hackett, who ended the 2016 season as the team's offensive coordinator, is also in the running.

Kelly has a personal fan in the former Giants head coach. Coughlin offered Kelly a job as a quality control coach with the Giants back in 2006, when Kelly was still the head coach at the University of New Hampshire.

"I was very tempted to go because I have the utmost respect for coach Coughlin," Kelly told USA Today back in 2013. "Philosophically, we were very similar in terms of being disciplined, not making mistakes, taking advantage of what the offense gives you."
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

They're trying to set the Guiness record for assholes hired by one organization. With Marrone and Coughlin, they've made a good start.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I just can't believe how that beautiful city consistently gets screwed. Maybe God figures that they've got enough already.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Coughlin may be the only team Kelly had a winning record against. They could also use him to help jettison talent and identify quality draft prospects.

Comment

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
          X