No announcement yet.

Did anyone notice the speed on Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone notice the speed on Jackson?

On that shield block for Westy,and he looked like there was another gear left.The field position he gave us today was a huge part of the win .
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

True. During the big return, I marvelled at his ability to run, downshift and upshift in a crowd without being touched. It was almost as if he was invisible to them.

Comment

The downfield blocking was huge for the Eagles today. On that play alone, not only did Jax shield the defender away from Westbrook, but Curtis laid one hell of a block on another defender to the left of Westbrook. Add in Clemons' hit on Jackson on the Samuel INT return and it definitely left me impressed.

Comment

I was just screamin at the top of my lungs on Westy's screen. My wife was really pissed at me for my lack of consideration for our (condo) neighbors until I told her, "You have to see this fucking play!!

While she didn't scream, her reaction was, "Unbelievable!!"

Comment

Tino, that's about how crazy I got on Clemon's block.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Credit Curtis with another nice downfield block earlier in the game on Buckhalter's big run. He sealed his man off to the inside which gave Buck room to cut to the sideline, probably gained him an extra 10 yards. I love that all of our WRs really seem to commit to blocking, even the young punk.
            The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Yeah, it's really surprising to see the young hotshot out there fighting for blocks. He may act "me first" sometimes, but he doesn't seem to play that way.

Terrific team blocking in this game. Everyone did their part.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Very serious question here: I wonder what coach gets the props for that. Reid, Marty, or even....I can't believe I'm typing this....Culley?? It'd be the first time giving Culley props for anything, is all!
                "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                  Very serious question here: I wonder what coach gets the props for that. Reid, Marty, or even....I can't believe I'm typing this....Culley?? It'd be the first time giving Culley props for anything, is all!
                  You are right. We have the best blocking corps of receivers in football. Someone is responsible for that. It is probably Culley, but maybe it comes from Reid. We don't know.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

God, is it possible?

Comment

By the way......extra props to the rook too. Way to knock down that rookie wall, keep making plays DJax!
                      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”

Comment

The jawing at Childress is low class. If someone did that to us we would be screaming. A guy who goes down when someone breathes on him shouldn't be talking crap to anyone.
                        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Jawing at Childress? I missed this, what happened?
                          — Michael Strahan

Comment

Jawing at Childress? I missed this, what happened?
                            He was jawing at Childress as he went past him out of bounds after one of his punt returns. I was embarrassed that he represented the Eagles at that point. Luckily Childress either didn't hear him or just ignored him. It was the kind of thing that makes us hate TO & Ocho Cinco. He better stop that shit (and of course keep up his excellent play! )

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                              The jawing at Childress is low class. If someone did that to us we would be screaming. A guy who goes down when someone breathes on him shouldn't be talking crap to anyone.
                              God post and fully agree!

It's that kind of crap that 1. Gets you a bad rep and 2. Lowers the entire leagues standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X