Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Fasano: a bigger factor in the Boys passing game, or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Fasano: a bigger factor in the Boys passing game, or not?

When in 2-TE formation, Fasano, who is said to be a decent up-and-coming all-around TE should be accounted for. I am sure Reid and Co. are aware of this. How do you all see his possible impact, or lack thereof?

I think Matt Schobel might be the key to the game.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I was just gonna say...nothing to worry about, Sal Fasano sucks.

Comment

Indeed, the Eagles' 2 TE formation bears more possibilities in the passing game due to the very nature of the WCO. I concur, BP.

Comment

Re: On Fasano: a bigger factor in the Boys passing game, or

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
            When in 2-TE formation, Fasano, who is said to be a decent up-and-coming all-around TE should be accounted for. I am sure Reid and Co. are aware of this. How do you all see his possible impact, or lack thereof?
            What exactly do you mean by 'accounted for'? I mean, every receiver is accounted for.

Comment

Personally, I don't think Parcells has the guts to send out two TEs into receiving routes against the Eagles. He wants us to blitz, and he wants to max protect to pick it up. Perhaps he'll start to do that later in the game if the Eagles don't blitz early on. Then hopefully Johnson can switch up on the fly, and send Dawk flying through the empty spot.

Comment

IMK, I guess I meant that should he be considered a bigger receiving threat than usual, as the coaching staff accounts for every opposing player, as you have correctly stated

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
                  Actually it's Anthony...The kid is good.

Give too much attention to Witten..This kid could have 5 catches

Comment

Originally posted by Cap
                    Originally posted by The Captain

Making a Phillies joke, Cap. No disrespect to Anthony.

Comment

[quote=The Captain]
                      Originally posted by Cap
                      Originally posted by "The Captain":95cf6

Making a Phillies joke, Cap. No disrespect to Anthony.[/quote:95cf6] None taken

Comment

I don't know how much 2 TE the Boys are going to run, but I do think they will have Bledsoe throw from a lot of short drops. Get the ball out quick. I don't know how healthy Lito and Hood are, and I really don't like the idea of Joselio Hanson trying to cover TO or Glenn.

The Eagles front four on defense are the key to this game. If they can get pressure, and be disruptive, we don't have to expose the corners much. If they can't get pressure, then I think there will be opportunities for big plays. The last thing we want is a repeat of what happened at Dallas last year. The pass rush from the front four needs to be there.

Comment

"I don't know how much 2 TE the Boys are going to run, but I do think they will have Bledsoe throw from a lot of short drops."

How did that work out for the Pack?

Not disagreeing with you at all, I think they take the same approach as GB did, bu tthey will try and run more and then dink and dunk their way down the field.

Again it will come down to how well they can execute that kind of O, for very long drives. And how well our D can keep them in 3rd and longs, and make sure that they have to earn every yeard they get. No stupid penalties, cause some turnovers and apply pressure even if it can't be sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
                            IMK, I guess I meant that should he be considered a bigger receiving threat than usual, as the coaching staff accounts for every opposing player, as you have correctly stated
                            Well sure, but what extra attention do you really think is warranted? Double teams? I mean, it's not like they're not going to put a man on Fasano if he's out there. And really, I don't care how good he was at Notre Dame, he's a #2 TE and five games into his NFL career. I don't know if he needs any specialized gameplanning.

Comment

lol, Fassano will NOT be the key to this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X