100 mil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 mil

Contract is for 134 mil from the report I saw with a guarantee for 100 mil. That is what Cousins' contract with all that guaranteed money did for Rogers.
    I'd hate to see the birds have to spend that kind of cash but I sure hope Carson deserves that kind of money when his time comes. It will mean he is healthy and at the top of the league in QB play.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    Contract is for 134 mil from the report I saw with a guarantee for 100 mil. That is what Cousins' contract with all that guaranteed money did for Rogers.
    I'd hate to see the birds have to spend that kind of cash but I sure hope Carson deserves that kind of money when his time comes. It will mean he is healthy and at the top of the league in QB play.

Tom Brady comes in for a lot of criticism...much of it deserved. I certainly don't care much for the guy as a person. Buy his willingness take less than every cent he can squeeze out of the Pats in order to leave more for the supporting cast simply makes good sense and I just hope our boy takes that approach into consideration when it comes time for his first big pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Tom Brady comes in for a lot of criticism...much of it deserved. I certainly don't care much for the guy as a person. Buy his willingness take less than every cent he can squeeze out of the Pats in order to leave more for the supporting cast simply makes good sense and I just hope our boy takes that approach into consideration when it comes time for his first big pay day.
      I have the feeling that he will. I hope so anyway. I know that Carr didn't hold up the Raiders last year either and his teammates appreciated it. Then again whenever money gets involved things get screwy.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He’s going to be signing the biggest contract in history. He’s a top 10 QB on the field and #1 off the field- he’s a teams wet dream. And he’s already helped bring a SB to Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
          He’s going to be signing the biggest contract in history. He’s a top 10 QB on the field and #1 off the field- he’s a teams wet dream. And he’s already helped bring a SB to Philly.
          Maybe Howie can spread it out over 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
            This may be true. But a smart QB, like Brady, will realize that if you take up too much of the teams cap space, you are not going to have many weapons around you.

I expect Carson to be paid very well. But, I don't expect him to ask for the moon. He just doesn't strike me as a greedy player and instead would spread the wealth more. Of course, if there was not cap, things would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              This may be true. But a smart QB, like Brady, will realize that if you take up too much of the teams cap space, you are not going to have many weapons around you.

I expect Carson to be paid very well. But, I don't expect him to ask for the moon. He just doesn't strike me as a greedy player and instead would spread the wealth more. Of course, if there was not cap, things would be different.
              And it doesn't hurt to have a multimillionaire supermodel wife either.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                And it doesn't hurt to have a multimillionaire supermodel wife either.
                Just looked it up
                Brady- $180m net worth
                BĂĽndchen- $360m net worth

Yeah, him taking less money is a lot different than most players. It’s not everyday that a husbands 9 figure net worth is dwarfed by his wife’s

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                  Yeah, I hope so too. Brady generally gets a raise every so often, just enough to keeps himself in the top 10 or so QB salaries, so it's still respectable but not team-killing.

On the other hand, I think his first non-rookie contract was top of the league. It was only after that he toned it down a little. Wentz probably needs to get close to Rodgers at least, 30 million a year for sure.

On the other hand, Wentz got paid fairly well as a rookie, where Brady obviously did not. Also, the Eagles have a 5th year option on Wentz for 2020, and an obvious franchise tag in 2021 and 2022, so Wentz would be paid below market for years if he waits to sign. The Eagles should get some consideration for that if they extend him next year, so maybe it won't be quite top-of-market contract. But it's going to be up there, and it will likely just get worse the more the Eagles wait.

Comment

The Rams signed Donald to 6 years 135 million. We worry about our cap when Wentz comes due for his payday. HTF are the Rams gonna manage their cap? This contract is insane. I wonder what Mack will get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                      The Rams signed Donald to 6 years 135 million. We worry about our cap when Wentz comes due for his payday. HTF are the Rams gonna manage their cap? This contract is insane. I wonder what Mack will get paid.
                      That's the thing that gets me. Every time one of these teams blatantly overpays a player, every other player of similar skill level immediately thinks he's worth the same money. Donald is a great player. One of the best in the league. But is a defensive tackle worth that much cap space? The Rams already know that Goff's eventual deal is going to limit their flexibility under the cap in the future, but they hand Donald a 135 million dollar contract?? O.K. Rams. Better win it all now. That kind of spending is unsustainable.

Comment

I hope Cox doesn't get a bug in his ear about his contract, which was a great contract when he signed it and is still a good contract.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                          total contract means very little the only part that really counts is the guaranteed portion, I can give you a $400 million contract but it can be structured that you get a buck three eighty in real cash and cap space.

But I agree, unless Wentz marries a runway supermodel, he will cost a BUNDLE.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                            total contract means very little the only part that really counts is the guaranteed portion, I can give you a $400 million contract but it can be structured that you get a buck three eighty in real cash and cap space.

But I agree, unless Wentz marries a runway supermodel, he will cost a BUNDLE.
                            I understand the guaranteed part. I don’t know the specifics.

Comment

I think most players are vastly underpaid to tell you the truth because the sport takes years off of your life. The life expectancy of and NFL player is only 53 years old believe it or not!! I wish more went to the minimum players to tell you the truth and less to the stars. They are the ones risking their lives on special teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X