Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs

Off the Peters injury thread I was thinking about needs. Just seems like there are always needs somewhere. Birds have a lot of picks next year and will need to use them either in the draft or as trade bait.
    OL; Big V can step in IMO next year and you have very Big M developing but that sure isn't enough. Gonna have to have some more in camp. Is Wiz gonna be here?? Kelce backup or replacement. Semalu can move around but he isn't enough.
    Jeffrey/Aggie are good but is Wallace back? Mathews? Carter/Gibson are just guys not NFL starters. Probably need something here.
    Same can be said for LittleDick/Adams; they are pretty much just guys.
    If you're looking for someone who can hit a homerun once in awhile you will need to bring someone in.
    Etc, etc. This isn't meant to start the off season planning session. Just thinking that Howie's team has lots of work to do. There are always needs.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

The OL is the biggest need absolutely. They need another guard and tackle.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

OT, WR (2), RB are the needs on offense.

Defensively, they are going to have more needs. The defensive end position is one that is in flux. Aside from Barnett and a young Josh Sweat, there is no other certainty. Long will most likely retire, Graham is a free agent and Bennett is signed but there are rumblings he is one and done. Even if they keep Bennett they are going to need two defensive ends.

Defensive Tackle is another need. Aside from Cox they really don't have much. Vaeo is fine as a 4th tackle. Ngata is on a one year deal and old, Jerinigan may never play again.

Linebacker Hicks is a free agent and they need depth.

Safety is probably a need as both Jenkins and McCloud are getting really expensive.

Defensive Back more depth will be needed as Darby most likely will be moving on.

So lots of needs. Having 11 draft picks will help but they are going to need to be active in free agency/trades
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

OT, speed playmaker on offense (can be HB or WR imho), safety

Then we just need health

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          The OL is the biggest need absolutely. They need another guard and tackle.
          Agree, said it last year and I'll keep on saying it...... We have a potential HOF and superstar QB......... He needs to be protected as the highest priority!

It also creates a run game without having to have a superstar at RB! And that inturn let's your superstar QB play even better...... IMM THAT is the key to winning in the NFL Today.

Comment

Jernigan is supposed to be close to returning
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Agree, said it last year and I'll keep on saying it...... We have a potential HOF and superstar QB......... He needs to be protected as the highest priority!

It also creates a run game without having to have a superstar at RB! And that inturn let's your superstar QB play even better...... IMM THAT is the key to winning in the NFL Today.
              I can't argue with that. It should be our #1 priority to get him a stud LT as long as we can keep Johnson and Kelce and Brooks.

As for our immediate needs we need some friekin WINS!
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X