The only mock that matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
    What is the prevailing opinion here were this particular mock were to come to pass? It only includes the first 5 picks out of the eleven. It was originally posted on Sporting News and is on PE.com.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=20703

OC/OG Pouncey, FS Nate Allen, TE Jermaine Gresham(?!!), DT Geno Atkins, OLB Darryl Washington.

I like the Pouncey, Allen and Washington picks. Not sure about Atkins. Also lukewarm about Gresham.

I'd jump for joy if they got Pouncey, Allen, Gresham and Washington. That would be an impressive haul of talent. Gresham is pegged as a first round talent and Washington as second-round talent.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
      MD, the reason I called it "the only mock that matters" is that Rick Gosselin has an incredible reputation for accuracy when it comes to identifying team selections prior to the draft.

Of course it's all pointless speculation, but Gosselin nails it more often than anybody else.

And LT that's fine. I have no problem with it if others want to speculate.

But I was merely expressing my opinion on "mocks",,, but evidently you can't express any opinion unless the gods ok it first.

Guess you can't mock the mocks around here. LOL

Comment

MD, it's not so much that you have a difference of opinion or that you are not allowed your opinion. What's bothersome is that all you seem to do is to go into every thread and shit on it. There was nothing wrong with this thread. LT posted a mock he thought was the best and everyone was just rolling with it.

Then you come in with your "mocks don't matter" post. That's like walking into a party and yelling "alcohol is bad for you." Yeah, we know. What exactly is the point other than threadcrapping?

Comment

The fun of tracking a mock draft is a lot like watching a movie or reading a work of fiction IMO. There must be some sort of suspension of disbelief on the part of the fan/reader/viewer. If it is the choice of one not to indulge, thats' o.k. IMO. Casting the cold light of reality on a mirage reveals it for what it is, typically. His original statement is just MD's opinion on mocks and his expression of such IMO (Please correct me if I am wrong, MD.) Just like some people prefer to read nonfiction over fiction or watch documentaries based in fact over fantasy films. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

The fun of tracking a mock draft is a lot like watching a movie or reading a work of fiction IMO. There must be some sort of suspension of disbelief on the part of the fan/reader/viewer. If it is the choice of one not to indulge, thats' o.k. IMO. Casting the cold light of reality on a mirage reveals it for what it is, typically. It's just MD's opinion on mocks and his expression of such IMO (Please correct me if I am wrong.) Just like some people prefer to read nonfiction over fiction or watch documentaries based in fact over fantasy films.
            That's a good analogy.

Would you run into a movie theater and say "Batman isn't real!!!"?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
              I'd jump for joy if they got Pouncey, Allen, Gresham and Washington. That would be an impressive haul of talent. Gresham is pegged as a first round talent and Washington as second-round talent.
              I'd like that too, but where is the CB? I'd target a CB before grabbing Gresham.

Comment

You know, at first I wasn't too excited about taking Pouncey that high but it might be a good thing to let him grow with Kolb and develop a relationship much like Manning did with Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  That's a good analogy.

Would you run into a movie theater and say "Batman isn't real!!!"?
                  Me? I wouldn't do it. No problem with a little escapism IMO. I have seen/heard it done while viewing movies in the past. And I have been irritated by those doing it as well. Mostly when it is incessant chatter about the film/story being BS. Like watching Sly Stallone as Rambo run through a hail of bullets while consistently picking off his attackers. One may dismiss it outright, or suspend disbelief and be entertained if that is one's preference. The viewers are aware that it's all a mirage. They just want to be entertained, as they find that particular thing entertaining.

Comment

Me? I wouldn't do it. No problem with a little escapism IMO.
                    Exactly. No need to ruin it for everyone.

As Poison might say "Aint nothin but a good time..."

Comment

I'd like that too, but where is the CB? I'd target a CB before grabbing Gresham.

They could swing a deal for Richard Marshall, an RFA in Carolina who appears to be available. Same way they did with Hobbs last year, but I think Marshall is better.
                      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Another analogy. I have experienced something like this as well, many years ago (it was not Kate): Hanging an 8x10 glossy autographed (mine wasnt) photo of Kate Beckinsale, dressed and posed in a most provocative (and delicious!) manner on one's wall. One viewer may see it as a provocative (and delicious!) image of Kate. Another might see it as just a piece of paper, and will say so.

Comment

The fun of tracking a mock draft is a lot like watching a movie or reading a work of fiction IMO. There must be some sort of suspension of disbelief on the part of the fan/reader/viewer. If it is the choice of one not to indulge, thats' o.k. IMO. Casting the cold light of reality on a mirage reveals it for what it is, typically. His original statement is just MD's opinion on mocks and his expression of such IMO (Please correct me if I am wrong, MD.) Just like some people prefer to read nonfiction over fiction or watch documentaries based in fact over fantasy films. Nothing wrong with that.
                          Thank You!

It seems that if I express my opinion on the topic, I'm some how poisoning the thread. When the fact of the matter is that the thread gets destroyed by the snarky retorts that some feel the need to post decrying my right to have such an opinion.

The actual proper analogy (if we have to suffer through them) would be a group of people discussing a movie and most having a favorable idea and me saying "nah, I didn't like it and I would not waste my time seeing it again".

Doesn't mean you shouldn't see it again if you like it, just means I didn't and wouldn't waste more of my time. Differing opinions. Seems around here the agenda keeps the double standard up.

Comment

Differences in opinion are always acceptable.

Threadcrapping is just lame.

Comment

In your opinion.

The problem is that any time someone(mostly me) irritates you you decide they are inappropriate.

The bottom line was I entered my opinion on that topic... "didn't like the movie and wouldn't waste my time seeing it again" ---- wanna disagree? Fine, as some courteous people did, wanna just whine and continue your agenda? Fine, it's your board, just don't bother me with it.

Comment

Actually, I didn't bring it up.

And please, stop with the "it's your board" bullshit.

Everyone here knows that I have never ever played the "it's my board" card about anything.

I think the closest I came to exercising any kind of authority was moving one of BP's posts to "Misc" forum. Oooooooh, I'm such a heavy handed board owner.
                                Last edited by sfphillyfan; 04-15-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X