Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate your excitement for the upcoming season

On a scale from 1-10

I dont know, they made questionable moves, Gagne gone, Carter/Hartnell still here. Was Leino a fluke? Same goaltender situation. This seems like the type of group that will believe their own hype and combine that with teams coming after them this year, I could see them plotting along as usual.

At the same time, JVR is supposedly stronger, Giroux is looking good in early camp. A lot of new players on defense, hopefully Pronger/Kimmo will be rested by the playoffs. Richards is a year older. A year under Lavy's system.

I'm going to go with a cautious 6 - More just eager for hockey to be back.

I'm handing them an 8 to start and a 9 or 10 should they acquire a new /quality goaltender.I liked Simon,but the team didn't suffer without him and JVR will step in and have a better season in year 2.Leino has a lot of skill and Zherdev is being touted as an extremely talented kid.With the defense they have assembled,the scoring has room to suffer early on while players get used to one another.I'm actually excited by what I see their style of play becoming.I envision a real tough/take no shit team that has become very big allowing Giroux,JVR and Richards a little more room on the ice.I can't wait!!!!
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I feel like the Flyers are the Phillies. Hard to get excited when it's such a looooong slog through the season. Mostly, I'm looking to see how the young kids develop and hope they can step it up for the playoffs. Also focusing on defense cause Pronger was worn out by the end.

Comment

I'd say a 7. Starting the season under Lavy should make a big difference, but there are a lot of questions to be answered.
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I'm somewhere in the middle. Like Vin says, it's a long haul. I've seen them start off nearly perfect only to tank it in the middle to qualify for the playoffs and make a run. They've started terrible and then picked it up only to exit quickly. Even though I follow them, I can't really get into them until around the 1st of the year.

Comment

I will say I am excited about the possible Zherdov / Carter / Giroux line

I know the guy is a russian, so we know not to expect much in the playoffs, but that could be an exciting line.

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
              I will say I am excited about the possible Zherdov / Carter / Giroux line

I know the guy is a russian, so we know not to expect much in the playoffs, but that could be an exciting line.

Carter is doing his usual lazy stuff on a wing with Richards right now, with Carcillo on the left.

Zherdev is playing with Giroux and JVR.

The other scoring line is the great playoff line of Hartnell-Briere-Leino.

The Flyers are deep, deep, deep. They've got more options on the back end of the defense now so they don't wear Pronger and Timonen out. And Bobrovsky looks great!

Sweet that they took it to those scumbag Penguins last night when they opened their new arena. I thought I saw Bettman weeping afterwards.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I tuned in last night for the 3rd period. Possibly the first opener i've seen of the flyers in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                  Carter is doing his usual lazy stuff on a wing with Richards right now, with Carcillo on the left.

Zherdev is playing with Giroux and JVR.

The other scoring line is the great playoff line of Hartnell-Briere-Leino.

The Flyers are deep, deep, deep. They've got more options on the back end of the defense now so they don't wear Pronger and Timonen out. And Bobrovsky looks great!

Sweet that they took it to those scumbag Penguins last night when they opened their new arena. I thought I saw Bettman weeping afterwards.
                  My quote was from the one preseason game I saw this season.

I still don't think Carter and Richards should be on the same line, it just doesn't seem to work (aside from Carters one 40goal season) Carcillo should be on the Phantoms he contributes nothing, I can't believe he was traded for Upshall.

I really don't know how deep the Flyers are, I keep hearing that, I'm still not sure who makes up the 4th line/scratches (just making the point I have paid much attention yet) But they can't be that deep if Oskar Bartulius was on the ice last night (maybe that was b/c Pronger was out)

They scored the first goal in the building, the first PP goal (I believe) and the first short-handed goal and the first W - Suck it Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
                  X