Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest FFL move you've ever made

October 22, 2000
    I had been to the Eagles/Bears game. My first NFL game, Eagles had won and I'm pumped. We go to Gino's to celebrate. While in line, I hear about Corey Dillon setting the record for rushing yards in a game.

I had Corey on my bench.

I don't remember what schmucks that I started that day. But I don't think that they did that well.
    www.disciplerocks.com

Last year's PhilaPhans East ... drafted Curtis Martin in the 3rd round after going RB, RB in rounds 1 and 2. Not only was Curtis Martin done, but I realized after the draft was done that we didn't have a flex position in this league.

(Thankfully I picked up Warrick Dunn in the 15th round to salvage my RB position.)

Comment

I have 2 MANY...
      http://www.myspace.com/r3nj

Comment

In my auction league, I didn't keep Priest Holmes after his 2002 season because I figured he would be overpriced the following year. That was a bad idea.

Comment

Last year I was really high on Nate Burleson and took him in the 3rd or 4th round in almost all my leagues. You can see how that one turned out.
          "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

Man this is painful to think about..... I'm trying to remember the details but I've managed to repres most of this so if I'm wrong on some of the facts forgive me. 1999 preseason week 3 we're having our draft at a local bar. I'm sitting with my back the big screen. The Broncos are on and have just won their 2nd Super Bowl the previous seson. Elway has retired. Shannahan has named Bubby Brister as the starter for the new year and he looks very good in the preseason so far. I select him as my startin QB with my 3rd round pick. About 15 minutes later one of the guys at the table who happens to be facing the TV selects Griese as his QB. I look at him and ask if he's sure about that pick since Brister was named the starter earlier that week. He starts to laugh "yeah I'm sure. Brister go hurt about 5 minutes ago and it looked bad!!" Griese went on to have a fantastic year and Brister only payed in a game or two. Of course I dumped him that night and ended up with somebody I can't remember... but ever since then I NEVER sit with my back to the TV during a draft!! Seriously what are the frigging odds that the guy you take will get hurt minutes after you take him and it's shown on TV right behind you (with no frigging sound!!!!!!!) Man that pisses me off even now!!!
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

OK.. this is indirectly the stupidest move I ever made.

It's 1999, my brother who doesn't really do fantasy football but had a team called me to ask me about a trade. Someone offered him Kurt Warner for Eddie George. I said, "No way. Eddie George is a perennial all star. Who the hell is Kurt Warner? He's had what? 3 good games? He's an arena league scrub!"

Comment

Took Vick real high in almost every draft afte his breakout year. Kordell Stewart too.

I love those fake exciting qb's.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Man this is painful to think about..... I'm trying to remember the details but I've managed to repres most of this so if I'm wrong on some of the facts forgive me. 1999 preseason week 3 we're having our draft at a local bar. I'm sitting with my back the big screen. The Broncos are on and have just won their 2nd Super Bowl the previous seson. Elway has retired. Shannahan has named Bubby Brister as the starter for the new year and he looks very good in the preseason so far. I select him as my startin QB with my 3rd round pick. About 15 minutes later one of the guys at the table who happens to be facing the TV selects Griese as his QB. I look at him and ask if he's sure about that pick since Brister was named the starter earlier that week. He starts to laugh "yeah I'm sure. Brister go hurt about 5 minutes ago and it looked bad!!" Griese went on to have a fantastic year and Brister only payed in a game or two. Of course I dumped him that night and ended up with somebody I can't remember... but ever since then I NEVER sit with my back to the TV during a draft!! Seriously what are the frigging odds that the guy you take will get hurt minutes after you take him and it's shown on TV right behind you (with no frigging sound!!!!!!!) Man that pisses me off even now!!!
                  We are holding our draft at my house on Monday night. We will have the game on in the background. I wonder if someone will take Carson Palmer right before he goes down with an injury. Everyone will be watching Carson Palmer with keen eyes especially since we are starting a keeper league.

I also wonder if Ahman Green breaks off a 60 yard TD run how many rounds does he climb in the draft.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Juke, that is unbelievable. And funny.
                    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I took Mark Brunell with my first pick the year after the Jags beat the Broncos in the 96 playoffs.
                      I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Last year I was playing BP in the game that decided which one of us made the playoffs (based on records, and points, at the time, only the winner would move on).

If I remember correctly, my starting QB was Favre (yeah, I know, season-long mistake there). His starting QB was Eli Manning, who was going up against the Eagles (in that game where he got totally destroyed by our Eagles D). Eli ended up with like 2 or 4 points, but that was more than enough for BP to squeak by, because Favre went negative on me that day.

BP ends up winning the title, while I miss the playoffs.

Comment

OK here's another one from my first league. Back around 1996 we started up our first league. One of my friends is Dave Diddinger son of Ray Diddinger. Dave and his partner Matt got the first pick in the draft. They decided to take advantage of Ray's access to NFL Films (located in Mt. laurel). The three of them spend about 4 hours at NFL Films watching game tapes and planning out their draft strategy. May and Dave decide to let Ray's expertise guide them in their first pick.

The pick... Jeff Blake.

Moral of the story... Ray is a great commentator but NEVER let him pick your fantasy line up!!
                          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Just last night I took Greg Jones as a back up RB--- only to find out that he is out for the year with an blown ACL-----------Shit happens!

Comment

a collective ...
                              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X