Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't take seven running backs this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't take seven running backs this time.

Okay, this is the league I care about. 12 team league, players range from very good to average, but nobody's really clueless. Standard PPR scoring. Nine of the teams had 2 keepers (the other 3 teams are new), and they counted as our pick for whichever round they were drafted last year. This meant that I could keep Larry Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald as my 6th and 7th round picks. Yes, that's right.

This is how a draft can play out when you get LJ and Fitz as middle-rounders. Drafting from the #9 spot:

1 - Brian Westbrook (PPR league, so he's a top 10 back easy)
    2 - Marvin Harrison
    3 - Reggie Wayne
    4 - Matt Hasselbeck
    5 - Reuben Droughns (what was he doing here?)
    6 - Larry Fitzgerald (keeper)
    7 - Larry Johnson (keeper)
    8 - Randy McMichael
    9 - Frank Gore

In the late rounds adding Plummer (always very underrated) and snagging Wali Lundy were the highlights. This team is crazy. Look at that starting WR trio! It's not hard to imagine finishing with two top 10 backs, three top 10 receivers, and a top 5 quarterback.

Seriously though, this was the first year with keepers and we may have to adjust the rules to keep things balanced. Everyone else had to use an early pick in order to keep a frontline player (the only other major values were Carson and Willie Parker counting as 7th rounders.) Adding LJ and Fitz when other teams are drafting Fred Taylor or Marc Bulger is just too much. I'd almost feel bad if there weren't money involved.

I believe that could be called statutory rape in 9 out of 10 football cities!

Comment

Harrison might not be good in a keeper league though, he's getting older. Great job drafting LJ and LF last year.
      "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playin that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talkin' trash like that."

Comment

Getting Frank Gore that late is insane. I wish I were in leagues where he slipped like that. I highly doubt you'll come in worse than 3rd place. Chances are you'll win, even without seeing the other teams.

Comment

Working...
        X