No announcement yet.

Golden Tate an Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice addition to the receiving corps, especially with Tate's speed to stretch the field.

Now all we need are enough healthy O lineman to give CW 3 seconds to throw the stinkin' ball.

Oh, and a RB who can pass block and a couple CB's with a pulse.

Comment

Again I don't get into all that might be this might be that sorta stuff--- but I know he makes this team better. Look how much better Aggy was when he had Smith taking the top off the D... what if Sproles and Jerrnigan both come back soon.... what if this bye helps Clements get fully healthy??? what if what if....
      Why can't we resign him next year--- maybe he loves Philly and Wentz and decides he wants to play here. What if What if!!!

All I know that he makes this a better team on O. And right now that is the most important thing to me--- I want to see better games on Sunday's.

Jefferies, Tate, and (Aggy/Matthews/Hollins) and Ertz and Goedert (sp) are some pretty formidable pass catchers that are going to require a lot of defensive attention..... I'm looking forward to seeing this O pick it up quite a bit after the bye.

Comment

Can't argue with that MD. This will make the season at least more exciting. For Carson, its an early Christmas

Comment

Has Detroit given up on the season?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Again I don't get into all that might be this might be that sorta stuff--- but I know he makes this team better. Look how much better Aggy was when he had Smith taking the top off the D... what if Sproles and Jerrnigan both come back soon.... what if this bye helps Clements get fully healthy??? what if what if....
            Why can't we resign him next year--- maybe he loves Philly and Wentz and decides he wants to play here. What if What if!!!

All I know that he makes this a better team on O. And right now that is the most important thing to me--- I want to see better games on Sunday's.

Jefferies, Tate, and (Aggy/Matthews/Hollins) and Ertz and Goedert (sp) are some pretty formidable pass catchers that are going to require a lot of defensive attention..... I'm looking forward to seeing this O pick it up quite a bit after the bye.

Couldn't agree more. He is another weapon. Now if we can get Sproles back if for anything but just blitz pickup that helps. ALso the defense needs to start getting more turnovers and three and outs. Field position is so critical.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

The compensatory pick makes this a no brained IMO
              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

We needed a speed playmaker and we got one. With a franchise QB and our PPG down, it makes sense

I don’t love the 3rd. Especially when Demaryius and HaHa only cost 4ths

But overall I like it

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  The compensatory pick makes this a no brained IMO
                  Probably a 4th at the very best, and most likely a 5th. Not sure that Tate is the guy to be getting a huge long-term contract, or even a huge 1-year contract. He got 7 million this year, which is a 5th round comp. If he drops lower next contract, he could easily be a 6th round comp.

Losing the third hurts, and I don't think we'll get a return pick nearly that high. Bit surprised we did that, but Detroit must have had another team willing to offer a 4th that was likely higher than ours. And our offense definitely needs *something*.

Comment

Not crazy about giving up a 3rd for him, but with all the picks we have this year we will end up trading or packaging some any way. Since we will either resign him or get a comp pick back it’s a pretty damn good deal. I like the potato as a receiver and from what I’ve read he is a good teammate and decent guy. All positive signs! Now let’s get him back for another 2-3 years and make this trade a steal!,
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Read tonight that we get a 3rd if we do not resign him.

Comment

Read tonight that we get a 3rd if we do not resign him.
                        Wow! Don't play with me now MD. That is an incredible deal if true!
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          Wow! Don't play with me now MD. That is an incredible deal if true!
                          Yeah. That would be insane. Not surprised though with Howie. The dude is a shark.

Comment

Howie Roseman is always the magician when it comes to trades, but the Philadelphia Eagles Executive Vice President of Football Operations won't be losing a draft pick for Golden Tate after all. Roseman traded a third-round pick to the Detroit Lions for Golden Tate, who is set to hit free agency after this season.

If Tate doesn't re-sign with the Eagles, Roseman and the Eagles would be in line to receive a third round compensatory pick in 2020. Per the NFL's compensatory pick "formula" (which hasn't been released by the league), a team that loses more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

This all depends on playing time. If the players a team loses plays more snaps than the players gained, the higher the compensatory picks become. If Tate leaves as a free agent and the Eagles don't sign a wide receiver, the Eagles will get third-round compensation from his snaps with the Eagles and Lions.

Comment

Howie Roseman is always the magician when it comes to trades, but the Philadelphia Eagles Executive Vice President of Football Operations won't be losing a draft pick for Golden Tate after all. Roseman traded a third-round pick to the Detroit Lions for Golden Tate, who is set to hit free agency after this season.

If Tate doesn't re-sign with the Eagles, Roseman and the Eagles would be in line to receive a third round compensatory pick in 2020. Per the NFL's compensatory pick "formula" (which hasn't been released by the league), a team that loses more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks.

This all depends on playing time. If the players a team loses plays more snaps than the players gained, the higher the compensatory picks become. If Tate leaves as a free agent and the Eagles don't sign a wide receiver, the Eagles will get third-round compensation from his snaps with the Eagles and Lions.

This isn’t completely true. It’s not about signing another receiver it’s about net loses. So if we let Tate go and he signs a 9 mill per year deal elsewhere but we sign say an OT for 9 mill a year it’s net loss is zero. It that case we get nothing.

Also it has to be a free agent signing not a player who was released. So when we release Nick Foles we will get nothing for him as far as compensation. The team signing him will not have him canceling out a free agent they lost.

So we are best signing guys like we did this year. Mike Wallace and a Richard Rodgers did not count towards the formula.

Check out over the cap.com for their compensarybdraft picks chart that explains it well.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Good synopsis taz. It's all predicated on who we sign vs who we lose. This is also a 2020 compensatory pick. What hasn't been discussed and I could totally see happening is Tate signed to an extension. Just like Alshon last year, if they see Tate fits well here both in the locker room and on the field, Howie may simply resign Tate before the end of the year. Alshon signed his extension on 12/2/17.

Comment

Working...
                                X