Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 01-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road
Default Is It Just Me

or is this fucking week dragging ? My word I hate this wait.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

I hear ya MM but it's twice as bad on the players, they're chomping at the bit.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

i gotta tell you guys, i'm not that excited for this game. I hope that changes come Saturday morning.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
musicman
Hall of Famer

musicman is on a distinguished road

I get ya Vin, I think that's why I can't wait. I have zero fucking clue what to expect Saturday.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Kinda feel the same...... Too much bad post season Eagles history I guess. Nothing that happens can shock me I don't think. Either way.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #6
rspurr
2011 Contributor
Pro Bowler

rspurr has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
I get ya Vin, I think that's why I can't wait. I have zero fucking clue what to expect Saturday.
Me too:

Foles could be really good (Giants game or 2013 version) or really bad (Raiders - Cowboys).

Our D could play great and dominate or we could have a repeat of the Giants game.

Our running game and o-line could carry us, or the Falcons could stuff us on 1st and 2nd down and force Foles into some 3rd and long situations.

Ajayi could have a 200 yard game again like in Miami, or he could fumble again in a big spot.

Special teams could be the difference in the game both ways. Does Elliott make all the pressure kicks, or does he miss a few close ones again? Jones has been off lately so who knows with him. Barner has been shaky catching punts. Bryant is one of the best and always kills us. I expect him to make any FG under 62 yards.

Will receivers catch the ball this week?

Will Doug make some dumb challenges or 4th down gambles? Will his aggressive style help the mindset of the team?

So in other words, every part of our team (expect for maybe D line) could play really well or could suck.
Canada's #1 Eagles fan.
rspurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #7
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Saturday will have a very early morning high in the low 50's with morning rain. As the front goes through, the rain should clear but the temps will drop steadily through the day and be at or below freezing by game time at 4:30.

The popular contention was that the Birds would the advantages of both playing at home and playing in "football weather" aganst warm weather teams... LA, NO, Atlanta, even Carolina or dome teams that weren't used to the cold an wind. The flaw in that logic was manifest in the Birds' last 2 game at home in frigid weather. After a solid 1st game vs the Gnats in decent weather, Foles was awful against the Raiders and Dallas in successive home games in very cold weather.

I'm hoping for a win, mainly to avoid the embarrassment of fulfilling the dissing of the Birds the "shit experts", but thinking we'll probably lose to a warm, if not hot, Falcons team.

I'm less excited by the anticipation of this game than any Birds playoff game I can remember. They can beat Atlanta. I don't believe there is any way in hell that they beat 3 good to very good playoff teams in a row without Wentz.

The misery continues.
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #8
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinopuno View Post

I'm less excited by the anticipation of this game than any Birds playoff game I can remember. They can beat Atlanta. I don't believe there is any way in hell that they beat 3 good to very good playoff teams in a row without Wentz.

The misery continues.
This is my issue. We're obviously spoiled by Wentz and even though we're ahead of schedule, we were expecting a SB trip.

Now, it's like "well they can beat the falcons. they prob will beat the falcons. but how the hell are they going to beat the Saints or the Vikings?"
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #9
rspurr
2011 Contributor
Pro Bowler

rspurr has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfphillyfan View Post
This is my issue. We're obviously spoiled by Wentz and even though we're ahead of schedule, we were expecting a SB trip.

Now, it's like "well they can beat the falcons. they prob will beat the falcons. but how the hell are they going to beat the Saints or the Vikings?"
If we can beat the Falcons, we can beat the Saints or Vikings. Playing two great games with Foles might be asking too much but even if it happens we’ll have no chance vs Belichick.
Canada's #1 Eagles fan.
rspurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #10
dawkins20
Pro Bowler

dawkins20 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfphillyfan View Post
i gotta tell you guys, i'm not that excited for this game. I hope that changes come Saturday morning.
I could not agree more, and it sucks.

I hate to say it, but I am expecting a loss. Can we win? sure. But if we do, can we win next week and then in the SB? With Foles at the helm I just don't think we can.

I will be watching and hoping. I just lost the excitement level a bit when Wentz got hurt
dawkins20 is offline   Reply With Quote