Eddie Jordan
    0.00%
    Jeff Van Guny
    0.00%
    Avery Johnson
    33.33%
    Other
    66.67%

Avery Johnson is an intriguing option. How long was he in Dallas for before the team quit on him? Also, he made an underachiever like Erik Dampier into a servicable big man, so maybe there is hope for Sammy. (assuming he doesnt get traded)

Comment

I don't understand the fascination with Eddie Jordan. I know he's the prime candidate since he worked with Stefanski in NJ but he's not someone that will put butts in seats.

Comment

By the way, Doug Collins name being thrown around today in the DN.

Comment

Dough Collins or Jay Wright.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

List of potential candidates include:

Eddie Jordan
            Dwane Casey
            Tom Thibodeau
            Kurt Rambis

color me unimpressed

Comment

I object to Eddie Jordan. He hasn't won shit and he basically will get the job because he's boys with Ed Stefanski.

We need someone in here with either a pedigree or a hard ass who will light into Dalembert or sit him.

Comment

Sixers hire Eddie Jordan. Shock to absolutely no one.

Comment

I really don't care - they are going to be mediocre until Brand and AI2 contracts run up. Also, I'm not going to any sixers games next year, and if they hired a different coach, I'm still not going, I dont know anyone who goes to basketball games b/c of the coach. The fact that Jordan isn't a sexy name doesnt bother me. It does bother me that Ed was the one making the decision.

If you are going by his list of candidates - wouldn't you want Jordan ( maybe that was Ed's plan all along).

I saw parts of his press conference, I'm curious to see how his "Princeton Offense" works.

Comment

Well it's not like there are better coaches available without a lot of prying but Eddie Jordan is a mediocre coach. Check out my column on sportscolumn.com, dickau.

I think what most people object to is that the coaching search seemed to be a big charade. Ed was always going to hire Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      Well it's not like there are better coaches available without a lot of prying but Eddie Jordan is a mediocre coach. Check out my column on sportscolumn.com, dickau.

I think what most people object to is that the coaching search seemed to be a big charade. Ed was always going to hire Eddie.

Thats was a good read Vin, almost forgot how to get to the main page

I actually have no problem with the search charade, if Ed came out two days after DiLeo and said EJ is our coach, the same people upset about the charade would be upset Ed didnt talk to anyone else.

How many coaches (i didn't look it up) have a ring or two already(not avery johnson, not JVG) that a) want to come to Philadelphia (LB excluded) and b) You would probably have to bring someone out of retirement ala a Chuck Daly type, then Ed would be chastized for bringing out a retread. (which he ended up doing anyway)

In some defense of EJ - those first round exits were against the golden boy Lebron James and he had Gilbert Arenas who takes as many bad shots as Iggy, only at twice the rate.

In criticism of EJ - I dont like how Antwan Jamison was allowed to live at the 3 point line, can you imagine Jason Smith sitting out there hoisting threes. Are we in for another Jim O'Brien type offense?

I think winning and entertainment will bring people back regardless of the coach, even the Jay Wright appeal would eventually wear off.

Comment

Working...
                      X