What will the Flyers do in the Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the Flyers do in the Playoffs

I was going to make a "will the flyers make the playoffs" thread, but I probably should have made that last week when they were in real danger.

They have two games left - a home and home series with the Rangers

Flyers have 86 points and the Rangers 82 - I dont know how the tiebreakers go, so I guess theres still a chance they miss out. That's what I'm hoping for, I hope they get swept. I really dislike this Flyers team, starting with their "Captain" on down. There would not be a better end to the season.

I believe if the Rangers lose, they are automatically in.

I'd like to see a matchup with the Devils or Sabres. I want no part of Washington in the first round.

Ahh, who am I kidding, this team has gotten on a mini roll in the past 5 games but this is not a stanley cup team.

Comment

they are one and done for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
        they are one and done for sure.
        They're going nowhere. They have players that are paid like superstars who are nowhere close to being that good and have no real superstar on their roster. Not to mention their goaltending situation sucks but that's nothing new, they haven't had a decent goaltender since Hextall.
        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

They played a good game on Sunday and still almost lost!! It was pretty lucky that they got in at all. Having said that I see them taking the Devils to a game 6 before bowing out of the playoffs. IMO the goal tending is in shambles and Boucher just isn't good enough to take them deep. They are an up and down team that often lacks heart and focus. A great team on paper, a mediocre team on ice.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I watched the third period and thought it was really sloppy and lethargic. Luckily, the rangers were even worse or would have taken advantage.

Comment

We seem to be in agreement that the Flyers will have a short life in the playoffs. Phil Sheridan thinks otherwise.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._deep_run.html

Comment

Boucher is a career backup who has gone on HOF like runs at various points in his career. Playoff run as a rookie, longest streak of shutout hockey when he was with Phoenix, etc. If he gets hot anything can happen.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

This team is so much better on paper than what we see on the ice this year. You're right leif, but based on what they've shown us in the regular season I think they're more likely to crash and burn that to soar.

Comment

Ya gotta have faith!

Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Maybe Phil Sheridan has something there.

Comment

Well - that was surprising.

Comment

How they may fare in the next round, assuming they close out the Devils, is beyond my ability to prognosticate for this group of under performers. But keeping the Rangers out of the playoffs and knocking the Devils out early is definitely something to be proud of!

Maybe Laviolette, Pronger, and Boucher take us much further than we ever imagined.
                          Last edited by saratoga; 04-21-2010, 12:31 PM.
                          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
                            How they may fare in the next round, assuming they close out the Devils, is beyond my ability to prognosticate for this group of under performers. But keeping the Rangers out of the playoffs and knocking the Devils out early is definitely something to be proud of!

Maybe Laviolette, Pronger, and Boucher take us much further than we ever imagined.
                            Closing out the Devils.........check!!!!!!!!
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Man - that was not expected. They seem to gel as a squad as they continue to lose players. That was a satisfying series that really helps make up for the mediocre regular season. Bouch is great.

Comment

Working...
                              X