Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Sportslines "Expert" Picks

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7766207

Guess that Red Sox in 5 prediction isnt going to happen...
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Re: CBS Sportslines "Expert" Picks

Originally posted by Fantasy Guru
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7766207

Guess that Red Sox in 5 prediction isnt going to happen...
    all of the "experts" at any network for any sport are phonies.

There are a few exceptions:

Chris Berman is truly an expert, as is Hank Goldburg (and a few others I'm too tired to think of). The online "experts" are average.

In baseball, Peter Gammons has completely lost his touch. Once he said that Mariano Rivera was #2 on his MVP list, I knew he was either wasted or on the way down (or both). The online "experts" completely suck.

In college football, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreet can see things dementionally and are "experts", but they cannot project more than a game ahead. You watch, their preseason selection are not even close.

My BCS conference champions this year were (all picks made before the year):

ACC - Virginia (undefeated in conference and overall thus far)
    BIG EAST - West Virginia (one loss thus far, but unbeaten in conference)
    BIG XII - Oklahoma/Missouri (neither have lost in the conference)
    BIG TEN - Purdue (unbeaten and atop the conference)
    PAC-10 - USC (not a toughie)
    SEC - Florida/LSU (well, I got this one wrong...)

I also had Boise State to run the table in the preseason.

Back to experts.

Barry Melrose and the NHL Tonite gang are allright, but they are a level below "expert". Their online counterparts are actually pretty good. They know how to pick games.

I hate the NBA, so I cannot comment on those guys.

The college basketball guys suck on TV, and on the internet they are just as bad.

The only person who cannot project winners that deserves the term "expert" is Jerry Palm of collegebcs.com and collegerpi.com. He knows his rankings and is an expert at projection the NCAA tournament brackets, BCS rankings, and bowl matchups. He is a living legend.

Oh, as I said. The baseball guys are not "experts". Period. But they are better than Dennis Dodd, who I have sen't maybe 50-100(*10 to the 63rd) emails to complaining or arguing something he said. I have never gotten an email back...

Comment

the above was posted by bsd987.

For some reason I'm not signed in so I'll go sign in.

Comment

Working...
      X