Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Morris???

Adam SchefterVerified account
    ‏@AdamSchefter Eagles claimed QB Stephen Morris off waivers from Jacksonville; he replaces Tim Tebow.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

The Eagles completed their 53-man roster on Sunday by claiming quarterback Stephen Morris from the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Morris originally signed with the Jaguars as an undrafted free agent following the 2014 Draft. He spent all of the 2014 season on the Jaguars’ practice squad.

A four-year letterman at the University of Miami, Morris threw for 7,896 passing yards in his collegiate career and became just the second quarterback in school history to have multiple 3,000-yard passing seasons.

Morris joins the Eagles’ active roster as the team’s third quarterback behind Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez. With the Eagles, Morris reunites with offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland, who served as the Hurricanes’ interim head coach in 2010.

Comment

Picking the Jags trash. Wow. LOL,
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

So we aren't going with 2 QB's? Wow, Chip you keep making me wonder.

Really, THIS is the guy we kept that 53rd spot for?
        Last edited by MDFAN; 09-06-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

It seems to me this kid could just go to the PS. It might still happen. If he's on the roster for the first game I think they have to pay him for the whole year. I was hoping somehow we could score a decent DB.

Comment

smh. I didn't see this one coming. Jeff Stoutland was the interim head coach at Miami in 2010, so I guess he's familiar with him. Outside of that, I've got nothing. Maybe Chip sees something. I don't know.

I wanted another defensive back too.

Comment

Here you go-BGN

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...report-jaguars

Comment

Interesting. But, you still have to wonder how a QB with good athletic skills and a monster arm went undrafted.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                  Interesting. But, you still have to wonder how a QB with good athletic skills and a monster arm went undrafted.
                  Actually the bigger question is how the hell Tim Tebow went in round one???????

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Actually the bigger question is how the hell Tim Tebow went in round one???????
                    It was based on a strong personal recommendation from Danny Watkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                      Tony Romo was a QB with good athletic skills and a monster arm and went undrafted.

I refuse to lose any sleep over a 3rd string QB. He may be a steal or he may be garbage, but in either case you never want to have to start you're 3rd string QB

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy View Post
                        Tony Romo was a QB with good athletic skills and a monster arm and went undrafted.

I refuse to lose any sleep over a 3rd string QB. He may be a steal or he may be garbage, but in either case you never want to have to start you're 3rd string QB
                        Nobody is losing any sleep Greeny. He just seems like a waste of a roster spot after Chip thought that he could stick a guy on the PS.

Comment

I liked the line about watching Tebow read vanilla preseason defenses. Like watching a blind person put together a jigsaw puzzle. Sounds like something E60 would come up with.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

More on Morris

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20.../#more-3009222

Comment

Has some tools, apparently just needs the blueprints

From the article:
                              <H4>STRENGTHS

Very good arm strength and athletic ability. Can move around the pocket and buy a second chance. Throws with velocity and can rifle the ball into tight spots. Can drill back-shoulder throws. Can adapt his arm and throwing platform and release it from a variety of angles under duress with ease. Has natural leadership traits.
                              WEAKNESSES

Average overall size with a relatively thin build. Sporadic accuracy. Sprays the ball and struggles to hit receivers in stride (best with stationary targets). Does not throw his receivers open. Marginal timing, anticipation and rhythm. Struggles to handle pressure and presses to create plays -- eyes drop to the rush very quickly and vacates the pocket prematurely. Makes too many head-scratching decisions. Birddogs his primary target and will force the ball. Career 57.7 completion percentage is indicative of accuracy at all layers even with a clean pocket. Makes his receivers consistently work for the ball.
                              Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...2mvqlxSC7rM.99
                              </H4>

Comment

Working...
                              X