(OT) Soccer--I know I hate this sport BUT----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT) Soccer--I know I hate this sport BUT----

And I'm gonna get in tons of trouble here but here goes anyhow (I have never backed away from possibly being the lone ranger on some topics)

I am flat out rooting for the American women's team to lose!

I have not liked their attitude throughout this whole tournament, and I think they give the world a wrong and distorted view of America!

I know I am probably alone here but that is how I feel. And I must add that I think in my 71 years this may be the FIRST time I have ever rooted for America to lose at anything!!!

Have at it!

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    And I'm gonna get in tons of trouble here but here goes anyhow (I have never backed away from possibly being the lone ranger on some topics)

I have not liked their attitude throughout this whole tournament, and I think they give the world a wrong and distorted view of America!

I know I am probably alone here but that is how I feel. And I must add that I think in my 71 years this may be the FIRST time I have ever rooted for America to lose at anything!!!

Have at it!
    I haven't watched one second of it. I'm not a big fan of women's sports other than the olympics anyway. Maybe I'll watch the final. When is it on? What are they doing to piss you off anyway? I'm curious.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Trust me, big guy, I don't watch either but it is their whole attitude and demeanor that's out there for public display that irritates the shit out of me!

BTW--- how are you feelin??

Comment

Have at it!

A. It’s soccer
        B. It’s women’s soccer
        C. Why would I waste time watching that when I could spend that time watching my grass grow, or watching paint dry, or waiting for Bisons to show up at Ruth’s Chris... or any one of a thousand other things I’d rather do?
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          A. It’s soccer
          B. It’s women’s soccer
          C. Why would I waste time watching that when I could spend that time watching my grass grow, or watching paint dry, or waiting for Bisons to show up at Ruth’s Chris... or any one of a thousand other things I’d rather do?
          I would love to have that piece of work back!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            A. It’s soccer
            B. It’s women’s soccer
            I agree 100%, as I have stated numerous times over the years, --- but this crap is in your face whenever you watch the (so-called) news!

Comment

I don't follow it, but what I've seen out of these women, I don't particularly like. It started with some lefty virtue signalling her disdain for the US by doing a Kaepernick. Nothing says I'm proud to represent my country like taking a knee for the anthem. Then, they beat the bejusus out of someone. Tailand? Not sure, but in my book you don't celebrate off the hook while you're pummeling some overmatched team. Show some freakin dignity. So now it appears they were taunting the Brits as well. Have some class ladies.

So, yea, I hope the Dutch girls thrash the shit out of them, and taunt them mercilessly. That's definitely a first for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                I don't follow it, but what I've seen out of these women, I don't particularly like. It started with some lefty virtue signalling her disdain for the US by doing a Kaepernick. Nothing says I'm proud to represent my country like taking a knee for the anthem. Then, they beat the bejusus out of someone. Tailand? Not sure, but in my book you don't celebrate off the hook while you're pummeling some overmatched team. Show some freakin dignity. So now it appears they were taunting the Brits as well. Have some class ladies.

So, yea, I hope the Dutch girls thrash the shit out of them, and taunt them mercilessly. That's definitely a first for me too.
                Wow, Sorta shocked that some see it as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post

They sound just like wide receiver divas to me. Men soccer players act like jerks too. Maybe we have a double standard when it comes to women's sports and expect them to act like ladies? Either way I'm going to tune in to watch this crew on Sunday now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    They sound just like wide receiver divas to me. Men soccer players act like jerks too. Maybe we have a double standard when it comes to women's sports and expect them to act like ladies? Either way I'm going to tune in to watch this crew on Sunday now.
                    I don't know about acting like ladies. But, I do expect them to win and lose with some class, and respect their opponents.

Comment

I know I would feel the same way if it were men acting this way! This for me is not a man women thing just a class and respect thing and a golden rule type thing.

Comment

I know I would feel the same way if it were men acting this way! This for me is not a man women thing just a class and respect thing and a golden rule type thing.
                        Conducting yourself with class left sports about 40 years ago when Elmo Wright started dancing in the end zone for KC. Deon brought it to another level and trash talking soon followed. It sounds like the women have jumped into the act too. When that beast of a women who took her jersey off when she scored the winner for the USA's first World Cup years ago that did it for me.

Comment

60 I agree--- but this goes beyond the end zone stuff and the like. This stuff is actually done to demean an opponent, all taking place on the world stage. It's ugly!!

Comment

Act like you’ve been there before. That advice is long gone in the “look at me” world.

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate (and, of course, stir the s**tpot )...
                              Yes, they ran up the score on Thailand. BUT...goals for/against is the first tiebreaker in the group stage, so I can understand wanting to get a few extra goals in the "for"column.

PS-- The Tour De France starts tomorrow. If you want to see some INCREDIBLE athletes, tune in for the "hillclimbing" stages where they bike UP the Alps and Pyrenees mountains.
                              Last edited by FearTheDawk; 07-05-2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X